Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
integrate Panasonic th-42phd8uk w/ media center pc

alexander0805
New User

Mar 9, 2006, 7:23 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1355 views)
Shortcut
integrate Panasonic th-42phd8uk w/ media center pc Can't Post

Hi. First I just want to say I am a novice when it comes to electronics and technology. I already searched for info and help @ www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com a last week and no response =T. Now my goal is to integerate the panasonic th-42phd8uk with my Media Center PC. I want to use the monitor for work, school and entertainment(dvd movies, hd sattelite broadcasts etc.). From what I understand, these are the ingredients i need/have so far: 1. HDTV (obviously), 2. dig cables, 3. dig sat. box, 3. PC with 2 ieee ports (the only dig conn. i have), svideo, an input color marked red for video and and input color marked yellow for audio (don't know what it's called), coaxial tv, and lastly something that looks like an svideo with 7 pins on it, 4. and a graphics/video card (i was told that the Media Center Software does not support HD and need this card in order to see HD images. true?). Am i missing anything critical for HD? Has anybody here successfully done this? set-up/schematics? I need some advice on how to reach my goal and start enjoying HDTV. ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

mark

denonjapan
Veteran

Mar 10, 2006, 5:08 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alexander0805] integrate Panasonic th-42phd8uk w/ media center pc [In reply to] Can't Post

Integrating a Panasonic th-42phd8uk to your PC media receiver should have no problem. But multi-tasking mainly to a computer, secondary to high definition viewing purposes should you consider an LCD first!. You can't have it both this time I must say!..I know and have seen some high definition plasmas doesn't do well in graphics but they're superb choice for high definition movies/ or picture in motion. LCD does run miles on graphics over Plasma but they're poor contrast in movies/ or motion pictures....Your goal is prioritize your needs. both has it's weakness! You make that choice!

denonjapan

made in japan.

alexander0805
New User

Mar 11, 2006, 1:39 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] integrate Panasonic th-42phd8uk w/ media center pc [In reply to] Can't Post

hello denonjapan. I looked at a Geforce 7800gtx graphics card by Nvidia. An associate advised me to get this V-card in order to watch HD sat. broadcasts, DVDs (btw, from i know DVDs aren't HD), etc. know anything about v-cards and would this solve the issue of image quality? do you have this set up yourself?

denonjapan
Veteran

Mar 11, 2006, 5:57 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alexander0805] integrate Panasonic th-42phd8uk w/ media center pc [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes! graphics cards or video cards can improve image quality! But Im not quite sure what you really into here? when you speak of graphic cards or video card, Im sensing to your pc right?. I have no idea about you mixing matched on v-cards towards broadcast dvd's?.

Video card is appropriate for the use of PC graphics. You also have to consider your DISPLAY's rated pixel capability to output your target. You may have a good video card, but if your monitor downconverting it, what's the use? and here's the thing!> video cards, connected to or from hdmi, to high definition plasma or LCD, You played an enhanced DVD disc. what makes you think, you then watching a high-definition cause you have all those (mentioned) together?

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)