Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
panasonic plasma problems

goody1970
New User

Jan 11, 2009, 4:04 PM

Post #1 of 7 (4742 views)
Shortcut
panasonic plasma problems Can't Post

I first sent a post about a year ago. Purchased a Panny TH-50PZ77U plasma. Had some image retention issues. Proceeded to go through the entire year with repairs, all sorts of boards and even a new panel. The problems persisted even with the new panel. The Panasonic service rep decided to replace it this winter with a "comparable" model the TH-50PZ80U. Guess what? Same image retention problems. We get ghosting and images staying on the screen for extended periods of time when we switch to different channels. The images are even there with a dvd on? They only appear with light colored screens, white/lt gray etc. I'm talking a station id sign in the right corner of my daughter's tv show that she watched for 30 mins. takes a day and a half to go away?
I'm wondering if there is something I am doing wrong with my hook up? I have evrything (TV, PS3, Direct TV DVR, Stereo receiver, all plugged into a "monster" power strip. The kind that monitors the wattage? It's crazy that we have the same problem with 2 different model tv's? Thanks for any help.

techchris
Veteran

Jan 12, 2009, 9:44 AM

Post #2 of 7 (4735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goody1970] panasonic plasma problems [In reply to] Can't Post

image retention is quite common,though not as bad as you describe..I would call the Panasonic helpline and ask their opinion. If they agree it sounds excessive then get the tech back again. its certainly not a hook up fault

goody1970
New User

Jan 12, 2009, 12:46 PM

Post #3 of 7 (4731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] panasonic plasma problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks -techchris
I have a tech coming out again tomorrow, it's just so frustrating!

techman540
User

Jan 15, 2009, 12:23 AM

Post #4 of 7 (4705 views)
Shortcut

What was the verdict? just out of curiosity...

Motosat dealer
RV Internet

goody1970
New User

Jan 15, 2009, 10:36 PM

Post #5 of 7 (4696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techman540] panasonic plasma problems [In reply to] Can't Post

the verdict was that the panasonic rep felt the tv is "working within industry specs?" not sure what specs he's talking about because I would have never bought a tv you couldn't sit and watch a football game with and then have to worry about image retention.
luckily i have a CC store that is taking it back for me/ store credit and with just a little bit more $ I will be switching to LCD Sony KDL46"W4100
thanks-

techman540
User

Jan 15, 2009, 10:47 PM

Post #6 of 7 (4694 views)
Shortcut

man that sucks!! I am sorry to hear about that. I am glad to hear though CC is taking care. I would look into a pioneer tv though before i made my decision....

Motosat dealer
RV Internet

zahidraf
New User

Aug 30, 2009, 7:23 AM

Post #7 of 7 (4134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techman540] panasonic plasma problems [In reply to] Can't Post

hopes it solved now ;)

Fox News Live

latest technology News

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)