Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
philips 42pf9946

spacemonkey1999
New User

Apr 7, 2005, 8:21 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2413 views)
Shortcut
philips 42pf9946 Can't Post

I am new to this forum and hope somone can help with the following.

I bought the philips 42pf9946 about 1 month ago. I am not that impressed so far. There seems to be 2 problems (hopefully can be rectified by tweeking the setup) that have and both appear to be while watching Sky.

1. on a program when the scene changes ie one person talking to another, the first person will be in perfect contrast but when the switch is made to the second person, the picture is darker as if they were in a different room. This is very noticeable and gets annoying.

2. Colour 'blocking' the only way I can describe this is similar to if you viewed a picture on your pc with a colour fade ie an underwater shot with the colour of the sea going from dark to light,and you had the colour setting on the lowest setting, the colours would not merge smoothly but would appear in bands - that is what my plasma is doing - hope that makes sense.

Hope these descriptions make sense and hope that anyone can help.

rhegedus
New User

Jun 27, 2005, 2:00 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2116 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spacemonkey1999] philips 42pf9946 [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't say I've noticed those problems - the picture is as good as it gets with SKY Frown

However, I have noticed some problems with audio sync - the picture appears to be slightly behind the audio. I've only noticed it a few times but it still should not be like that. I phoned Philips this morning and they said I need to contact my retailer for a replacement - yeah, like I can see that happening !

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)