Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
pioneer plasma tv help!!

ferny123456
New User

Mar 19, 2008, 3:07 AM

Post #1 of 7 (7479 views)
Shortcut
pioneer plasma tv help!! Can't Post

i happen to buy a pioneer plasma tv on ebay and it didn't come with the media receiver, but i found one that pioneer asured me it would work and it does. my problem is that after i turn the tv off it does not want to power back on! untill i push a code on the receier. the tv model is PDP-5040HD which is suppose to come with the PDP-R04U receiver and i'am using a PDP-R06u. is there a way to power my tv without having to put the code in? does anyone else have this receiver? i really need help before i smash my tv!! pioneer was not helpfull at all.

oneragingbull
New User

Aug 26, 2008, 4:42 AM

Post #2 of 7 (7196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ferny123456] pioneer plasma tv help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the same issue... I bought a Pioneer PDP-506PU without the media receiver and have had a hell of a time trying to get a display on the plasma without the receiver. What was your final conclusion to this issue?

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 3, 2008, 12:48 AM

Post #3 of 7 (7167 views)
Shortcut

ferny, you have to get the PDR-RO4U remote control for the tv.

denonjapan
made in japan

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 3, 2008, 12:55 AM

Post #4 of 7 (7166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oneragingbull] pioneer plasma tv help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

oneragingbull, The operation of the display is thru Pioneer's media receiver. One without the manufacturer's media receiver won't work as the display requires the double power link cable operation programmed into the media box.

denonjapan
made in japan

oneragingbull
New User

Sep 3, 2008, 3:09 AM

Post #5 of 7 (7162 views)
Shortcut

ferny123456,

That's good to hear! I just need to find a Pioneer Media Receiver PDP-R06U that goes with Pioneer Plasma PDP-506PU. Possibly PDP-R05U or PDP-R04U would work...

Can anyone HELP me in locating one of these units??? I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

PEACE,
oneragingbull

advtechservice
New User

Sep 8, 2008, 3:52 AM

Post #6 of 7 (7144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oneragingbull] pioneer plasma tv help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

If you want one check out http://www.advtechservices.net They carry all that stuff along with the elite and kuro lines

tcscott16
New User

Nov 23, 2008, 5:41 AM

Post #7 of 7 (6970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] pioneer plasma tv help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi. I have a Pioneer PDP-506pu and the remote for the PDP r06u. Can you help me find the media receiver or advise of an alternate way to get a picture? Thanks!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)