problem with plasma

johnnt
New User

Dec 31, 2009, 6:16 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1713 views)
Shortcut
problem with plasma Can't Post

HI folks,
This is my first post and relates to a problem i've got with a panasonic th42pv30.
When i switch the set on from the power button after it being off for a few hours the screen goes electric. It flashed red (actually i think it's more like missing the green) intermittently for several hours. It then settles down and the picture is fine. I've also noticed that if i leave it on standby instead of powering it off then i don't have the problem and the picture is fine.
As the picture does go ok, i presume it's not the screen that has gone but probably something like a leaky capacitor or something. I've attached a photo of the screen and would really appreciate it if anyone has seen this before could make any suggestions. I guess ultimately i need to decide whether it will be worth getting fixed or just bin and get a new one. The set is about 2 years old and out of warranty.

http://img40.imageshack.us/...6734/28122009709.jpg

Cheers
J

(This post was edited by johnnt on Dec 31, 2009, 7:37 AM)

techchris
Veteran

Dec 31, 2009, 11:32 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnnt] problem with plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

the picture looks solarized.Check the ribbon connectors going to the screen from the control boards first for poor connections.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 1, 2010, 6:29 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1693 views)
Shortcut

Nobody can teach anybody anything, WE CAN ONLY HELP THEM THINK".
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
denonjapan
made in japan

johnnt
New User

Jan 1, 2010, 9:34 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] problem with plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

<span contenteditable="false"><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"><!--reply--><tr><td width="2%"><hr width="100%" noshade size="1" color="#A1A576"></td><td width="10%" align=center><font size=1 face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">In&nbsp;Reply&nbsp;To</font></td><td width="87%"><hr width="100%" noshade color="#A1A576" size=1></td></tr></table></span><div style="margin-left: 30px">the picture looks solarized.Check the ribbon connectors going to the screen from the control boards first for poor connections.</div><span contenteditable="false"><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"><!--/reply--><tr><td><hr width="100%" noshade size=1 color="#A1A576"></td></tr></table></span>

this picture goes ok once the tv has warmed up (say 5 or six hours) and tends to be ok if i leave it on standby instead of switching it off properly.

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 1, 2010, 12:06 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1689 views)
Shortcut

The Plasma's getting old.

-------------------------

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 30, 2010, 4:36 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1530 views)
Shortcut

I saw your post after new year but i thought it wouldn't wanna deal anything stupid at the beginning of the year. I don't think you are but the consequence seem to misguide you into doing when you neglect these precautions.
Im not even going to mention anything technical cause quite sometimes not all the time what you're experiencing happens to mine back home, back then. Although, I have not use any single plasma nowadays except quad led monitors. it's simply an electronic charge and discharge. And what you're doing is improper way. You can't turn off the Main switch everyday only to come back home and turn it on again. That's what the standby mode is use for...It's on your owner's operating instructions (manua)l: turn off the main switch if you don't use it for a LONG period of time. How many of you are paying attention these warnings these days?
denonjapan
made in japan

JohnRocks
User

Feb 10, 2010, 10:19 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] problem with plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

I do be in agreement and I have heard that plasma fails due to our room lighting situation and sometimes this thing is frustrating.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rackmount LCD Monitor
USB KVM

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)