Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
vizio plasma wont turn on

plasmahell21
New User

Jan 31, 2010, 3:53 AM

Post #1 of 6 (11892 views)
Shortcut
vizio plasma wont turn on Can't Post

Have a vizio plasma tv (p50hdtv10a) that will not turn on. No sound, no picture, no red light, nothing. Checked voltage at psu. Have all the correct voltages 3,5,9,12,24 vdc at the output pin connectors expect at Va and Vs. On the back it says Va=60vdc and Vs=190vdc. I believe the psu is bad. I checked most of the caps and they are fine. I was wondering if the Va and Vs outputs only turn on when the tv is actually turned on. Should I see voltage at Va and Vs when the tv is powered up but not on? Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas of what else to check. Thanks for the help.

plasmahell21
New User

Feb 1, 2010, 12:04 AM

Post #2 of 6 (11882 views)
Shortcut
Re: [plasmahell21] vizio plasma wont turn on [In reply to] Can't Post

When I orginially checked for voltages on the power supply board I had all the connectors removed off it. The only voltage that I did not see was on the Vs and Va pins so I thought the power supply board was bad. I have found that if I leave a connector off going to the main board(the board that everything plugs into at the back of the tv) I get the correct voltage at Vs-190v and Va=60v. When I plug the connector back in nothing happens but when I cycle power to the tv nothing comes back on. As long as the connector going to the main board stays off the power supply then I hear a click coming from the relays on the power supply board and a hum from the xysus and zboards. Still am not getting any red light on the front and no picture or audio. I really thing this main board is bad. Does the on/off button on the side of the tv and the remote go through this card? The connector that I'm leaving off has these labels on it. The voltages to the right is what I'm reading at the pin connector on the power supply with it unplugged.
AC-D 5v
RL-ON 0v
5Vsb 5v
DET 5v
VS-ON 0v
5V-D 5v
GND

Repair man
Enthusiast

Feb 1, 2010, 5:29 AM

Post #3 of 6 (11872 views)
Shortcut

Check the two ceramic fuses on the YSUS board; if one of them is open then the STK IC under the large heat sink on that board is shorted. If the IC is shorted it's easier to change the board than to change the IC. You can find boards for around $150. I may have one if you need it contact me with part number and I'll let you know a price.

If you can't find the parts, eMail me and I'll send you a picture of the board showing which fuses I'm referring to. You can find my email address in my profile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Feb 1, 2010, 5:31 AM)

plasmahell21
New User

Feb 1, 2010, 7:04 PM

Post #4 of 6 (11869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] vizio plasma wont turn on [In reply to] Can't Post

I did check the two fuses on the ysus board. Both are good. I followed the wires going from the on/off button on the side of the tv and they are going back to the main board. I planning on ordering a main board 3850-0102-0150

JohnRocks
User

Feb 10, 2010, 11:52 AM

Post #5 of 6 (11848 views)
Shortcut

Sorry! I won’t use plasma. I have heard many complaints about it regarding room lighting situation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rackmount LCD Monitor
USB KVM

andy25
New User

Jan 29, 2011, 1:16 PM

Post #6 of 6 (11270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] vizio plasma wont turn on [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the same problem, I have a Vizio 60" plasma that won't turn on. When I press the power button I hear a singe click sound and nothing. - black sreen and no sound but the front Vizio logo light is on. I pressed the power button again and this time no click sound . Then I unplugged it and replugged it in and pressed the power botton and the single click sound again.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)