Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
(((((Leaking coolant!!!!!! Questions))))

mikemetzger
New User

Apr 18, 2007, 4:15 AM

Post #1 of 14 (2569 views)
Shortcut
(((((Leaking coolant!!!!!! Questions)))) Can't Post

I have a 1999 Mitsubishi VS-50803. It resently had a coolant leak, and the coolant dripping onto the power board blew some parts.Pirate I need some help. How hard is it to fix, and where how do i find what parts i need to order? I know what they are labled on the board, but not how to order them. I will listen to any advice, except to trash it. So please help me out!!!

Thanks,

Mike
Bigger is Always better !!!!!!!!

denonjapan
Veteran

Apr 19, 2007, 6:28 AM

Post #2 of 14 (2557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemetzger] (((((Leaking coolant!!!!!! Questions)))) [In reply to] Can't Post

"if you are not willing to do the cleaning, then learn how to organize".

denonjapan
made in japan

mikemetzger
New User

Apr 20, 2007, 1:28 AM

Post #3 of 14 (2552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] (((((Leaking coolant!!!!!! Questions)))) [In reply to] Can't Post

what the hell does that mean???

techchris
Veteran

Apr 20, 2007, 4:15 PM

Post #4 of 14 (2542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemetzger] (((((Leaking coolant!!!!!! Questions)))) [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it means that you clean up the leakage and then fault find with your multimeter to establish which components are faulty.then you find the part numbers in the service manual and order from a supplier.

mikemetzger
New User

Apr 20, 2007, 4:30 PM

Post #5 of 14 (2540 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] (((((Leaking coolant!!!!!! Questions)))) [In reply to] Can't Post

I have removed the board, and cleaned the coolant as well as possible. I know what parts are damaged already, i just dont know how to get the order #'s for them. Also, i have no idea how to replace a gasket on the crt. Do i need to remove the entire thing, or can i just do it all from the top by removing the lens?

Cheers,

Mike

techchris
Veteran

Apr 21, 2007, 5:46 PM

Post #6 of 14 (2531 views)
Shortcut

buy or download the service manual

mikemetzger
New User

Apr 21, 2007, 8:19 PM

Post #7 of 14 (2528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] (((((Leaking coolant!!!!!! Questions)))) [In reply to] Can't Post

Where is the best place to get one for a Mitsubishi VS-50803?

mikemetzger
New User

Apr 21, 2007, 9:37 PM

Post #8 of 14 (2526 views)
Shortcut

here are the damaged parts.
Attachments: tv repair.jpg (1.59 MB)

rrobor
Veteran

Apr 27, 2007, 6:37 AM

Post #9 of 14 (2504 views)
Shortcut

That you show a picture of a mess on the panel does not say that this is the extent of the damage. That is bias to whatever is on the other side of the heat sink, that will be fried, where did it obtain its power from that supply may be destroyed, so cleaning the drip damage will not be the extent of your woes.

mikemetzger
New User

Apr 27, 2007, 5:44 PM

Post #10 of 14 (2497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] (((((Leaking coolant!!!!!! Questions)))) [In reply to] Can't Post

So how can i tell if the others are damaged or not? Or would it be better to take it into a tech shop and have them do the repair??? Although i really dont have 3 to 4 hundred to blow on this thing. What ya think?

rrobor
Veteran

May 5, 2007, 7:32 AM

Post #11 of 14 (2493 views)
Shortcut

The coolant is carsenogenic, IE it can cause cancer so you have to take care with it that there are several issues means that its a pro fix, so your choice is get fixed or dump.

mikemetzger
New User

May 5, 2007, 9:14 PM

Post #12 of 14 (2489 views)
Shortcut

Took the board to a pro, he cleaned it, and fixed the blown circits for 30 bucks. I put it in, and tv works now, but another circut must be damaged, because now the blue is out of wack, pinkushin problem. i have to find out what needs to be changed in order to fix that now. any suggestions?

mike

bendavis2
New User

Jun 15, 2007, 11:19 PM

Post #13 of 14 (2446 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The coolant is carsenogenic, IE it can cause cancer so you have to take care with it that there are several issues means that its a pro fix, so your choice is get fixed or dump.

The coolant is NOT carcinogenic, but it is wise to handle it with care and to clean it up well.

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 16, 2007, 8:39 AM

Post #14 of 14 (2437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bendavis2] (((((Leaking coolant!!!!!! Questions)))) [In reply to] Can't Post

I worked for a manufacturer who supplies a mask gloves and gown to those handling coolant, That my advice costs nothing but a little care, and I can give you 100% assurance that it wont harm you, is reality, can you do the same. I repeat Freon is an inert gass, may harm the Ozone layer but will not harm you. Pass ozone through a flame and you get fosgene or mustard gass. What do you create with coolant after it has been cooked and contaminated, I have no idea, and I suggest neither do you. I advise you do not give advice when you dont know the results, if you wish to take risks yourself, so be it, but to advise others to do likewise is bordering on criminal.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)