Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Akai rear projection

SmilingBob57
New User

Jan 26, 2010, 6:37 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1097 views)
Shortcut
Akai rear projection Can't Post

Recently given an Akai rear projection 42in. Model PT4299hd,type cm 4202,built in jan 2005. Problem: Color seems "washed" out, as if needs to be converged. How do I do this or is it "auto. converge" as the self focus is.I adjust color to a "flesh tone"but the sides have a dull yellowish tone. Any info on this would be appreicated. thanks

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2010, 5:11 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SmilingBob57] Akai rear projection [In reply to] Can't Post

I just gave this same advice moments ago to another person having the same problem only their set was a Samsung (Samsung and Akai are the same sets under different names); this is what I told them ...

It sounds like the blue tube needs to have the glycol fluid changed in it (I've done hundreds in my shop over the years) Samsung is very common for the blue tubes doing this. This is not an easy thing to do if you've never done one before (it requires removing the tube from the set). I would find someone with experience to either do this for you or help you do it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)