Bravia KDL-40S2000 Goes Into Standby - 4 Blinks

keyserjose
New User

Sep 28, 2011, 1:00 PM

Post #1 of 4 (7168 views)
Shortcut
Bravia KDL-40S2000 Goes Into Standby - 4 Blinks Can't Post

hey guys,

i'm new to anything regarding the inside of tv's, but decided recently to try to repair a Sony Bravia KDL-40S2000 to have a second tv.

so, the tv will turn on for about a second or two and then go into standby mode and blink four times every three seconds. a trip to techlore.com revealed that this code means the following:

Four blinks - No vertical Deflection (V STOP), Screen goes to a single horizontal line then the video signal muted. Check IC1509, Q1505

i also found a tv part recycling website where i can order replacement parts, boards, etc. can anyone tell me if this is enough information to determine the part that i need to replace? or what steps to take next? thanks for your time.
jose

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 28, 2011, 2:34 PM

Post #2 of 4 (7167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [keyserjose] Bravia KDL-40S2000 Goes Into Standby - 4 Blinks [In reply to] Can't Post

LCD display technology is different than CRT display technology. Make sure you're using blink codes for the correct type.Wink

-------------------------

keyserjose
New User

Sep 28, 2011, 3:34 PM

Post #3 of 4 (7164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Bravia KDL-40S2000 Goes Into Standby - 4 Blinks [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your quick response jts1957. is there something leading you to believe that the blink code i'm referencing is for a CRT? or is this just a general warning? if this code is for a CRT, does anyone know how i can locate blink codes for sony LCD's?
jose

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 28, 2011, 3:51 PM

Post #4 of 4 (7163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [keyserjose] Bravia KDL-40S2000 Goes Into Standby - 4 Blinks [In reply to] Can't Post

http://elektrotanya.com/...egoria=&kat2=all

May I suggest the "training" manual for the first course?Cool

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)