Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Convergence IC Question

Hazardsneon
User

Mar 4, 2012, 11:11 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2100 views)
Shortcut
Convergence IC Question Can't Post

I've been working on my JVC AV-48VP74 extremely slowly but it is currently working and it has been working for a while but I just have a question. Are the convergence ICs supposed to get really hot? I am looking into some of the problems that I've discussed on here before and had some of the panels open and noticed that the convergence ICs were hot. I know generally ICs are not supposed to be hot and mine are possibly burning hot to the touch. I have thermal compound between the ICs and the heatsink. Do I have an issue with my convergence ICs? What could the issue be if there is an issue?

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 5, 2012, 9:17 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hazardsneon] Convergence IC Question [In reply to] Can't Post

The bigger the heat sink, the more heat meant to be dissipated.

If you wet your finger, touch heat sink and you see steam and hear a sizzle ... or ... if you kill the lights in the room and heat sink is glowing red or white, you know it is running too hot. Wink

-------------------------

Hazardsneon
User

Mar 5, 2012, 7:06 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Convergence IC Question [In reply to] Can't Post

So I will take that as a no problem Smile. I just get worried when parts are running as hot as they are. The heat sink on this TV pails in comparison to the heat sink on my old Mitsubishi that I was rangling with a year ago. If I tossed a bigger heatsink on, could it help with reliability? I know that most components are alot happier running cooler. Maybe I'm just being overly picky. Thanks for all of the help you've given me jts!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)