Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Coolant change disaster. 51pp9100d/37

tootone
New User

Jun 2, 2010, 4:48 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1007 views)
Shortcut
Coolant change disaster. 51pp9100d/37 Can't Post

Ok so I picked up one of these bad boys for 80 bucks. I got it home, and I noticed a ton of bloom, and a dingy look, indicative of bad coolant.

I did a ton of research, took out all of my crt guns and went to work. The coolant change went completely successful except for one tiny thing. The gasket on my drain plug, for my red gun was bad and coolant leaked all over my PCB.

I didn't notice till I had calibrated my TV, was watching band of brothers (btw the coolant change worked and it looked amazing) and my TV went all squirrely and inverted. I then unplugged her, checked in side and noticed the gunk(probably about .5 of an OZ.

I took out the PCB, used some isopropyl alchohol (I googled and found it to be the most recommend way to clean a PCB) to clean off all of the gunk, top and bottom. I used q tips to get into all of the nooks and crannys and was actually quite please with myself when I was finished.

The problem, is that in my haste to disassemble and clean my pcb, I did not pay attention to the wire layout.

I now have no idea how to put her back together again, or if cleaning the pcb even fixed the problem.

So my question is, does anyone have the service manual for my TV they could let me check out. OR if someone is near in SLC UTand knows his/her way around a tv wouldn't mind helping me out.

tootone
New User

Jun 2, 2010, 4:49 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tootone] Coolant change disaster. 51pp9100d/37 [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, so I found a service manual, plugged everything back in (I'm about 98% sure everything is plugged in correctly) and it turns on, but I get a black screen. the power light stays solid for about 6 seconds, then I hear a click and the power light starts slowly flashing.

Sorry I posted this in a couple different forums trying to find some help.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)