Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Hitachi 53FDX01B, has sound, no picture

boriquafl1
New User

Aug 29, 2010, 5:39 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2738 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 53FDX01B, has sound, no picture Can't Post

Hey gang, I have a Hitachi 53FDX01B, that has sound when I turn it on, I could actually change channels and listen to it, but has no picture at all, the projection tubes do not come on at all, the million dollar question can it be the convergence problem or a resistor, fuse problem. thank you for the help Smile

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 29, 2010, 8:52 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boriquafl1] Hitachi 53FDX01B, has sound, no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Two words: High Voltage?

-------------------------

boriquafl1
New User

Aug 30, 2010, 12:51 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Hitachi 53FDX01B, has sound, no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks jts1957, you have helped me before, and have given me great advice, I really did not now where to post, my problem at. When you say high voltage, your talking on the board it self??

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 30, 2010, 3:00 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boriquafl1] Hitachi 53FDX01B, has sound, no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm saying that the microprocessor tells the "TV in one chip" IC to put out a horizontal drive signal which is fed to the horizontal driver transistor, which is fed to the horizontal output transistor, which then feeds the horizontal output transformer (flyback), which then puts high voltage into a "Splitter" and is then directed to each CRT.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)