Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Hitachi 65F59A Picture goes blurry and dark once warm

my77stang
New User

Mar 14, 2010, 11:22 PM

Post #1 of 4 (807 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 65F59A Picture goes blurry and dark once warm Can't Post

I'm working on a Hitachi projection TV, model 65F59A. Once it warms up the picture starts to get flickering lines and progressively starts to get blurry and darker with a red tint to it - to the point where you can hardly even see a picture. I replaced the convergence chips and it didn't help. I then placed fan behind TV with the rear cover off to cool down the boards and the picture went back to normal. Any Ideas which component would cause this?

techchris
Veteran

Mar 15, 2010, 12:07 AM

Post #2 of 4 (803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my77stang] Hitachi 65F59A Picture goes blurry and dark once warm [In reply to] Can't Post

I suggest you invest in a tin of electronic freezer spray and go round cooling components till you find where the problem is.

my77stang
New User

Mar 15, 2010, 12:12 AM

Post #3 of 4 (802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Hitachi 65F59A Picture goes blurry and dark once warm [In reply to] Can't Post

Do they actually sell such a thing? I hoped the symptoms would point to a individual component.

By the way, even when the picture looks like crap the on screen menus look perfect.... If that helps.

techchris
Veteran

Mar 15, 2010, 10:12 PM

Post #4 of 4 (797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my77stang] Hitachi 65F59A Picture goes blurry and dark once warm [In reply to] Can't Post

us in the business use it all the time, as it hits the faulty component the fault should temporarily clear.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)