Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Hitachi Model# 53SDX89BA Digital Convergence ?

Johngil
New User

Jan 20, 2005, 9:10 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2337 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi Model# 53SDX89BA Digital Convergence ? Can't Post

Hello Everyone,

After moving my Hitachi to our new house, and turning it on, I noticied that the screen was out of focus and the "red" image didnt line up with the rest of the image on the screen. I than pushed the magic focus button and it started to go through its process... It stops when it's trying to focus the Red, screen goes black and a number 4 flashes on the bottom right of screen. Being an Automotive mechanic, I should probably stick to cars, but my curiosity was piqued. I opened the set, and checked it out. I tried manually focusing the red crt, using the static and center diag mode. I rotated the small plastic discs on the red crt, until the crosshairs lined up. The bottom line is the picture is better, but still bad. The red image still does not line up with the rest of the tv image.. Does anyone have any ideas?? Or should I call a Hitachi Authrozied Repair dealer?

Thanks for any help or advice

Don

fornd
New User

Jan 26, 2005, 11:41 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Johngil] Hitachi Model# 53SDX89BA Digital Convergence ? [In reply to] Can't Post

read through these posts at the following link, they may help. I need to make the same repair http://www.hdtvoice.com/...ve/index.php/t-14951

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2005, 8:59 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fornd] Hitachi Model# 53SDX89BA Digital Convergence ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well you did it nowUnsure when thing suddnly go wrong with sets a simple adjustment does not fix it, and componet failed, what you had was a simple convergance Ic failer, swap out two ic's push the majic focus and probley would have been done. But now what you have is swap out the Ic's, enter service mode , defeat convergance, pull the Green red blue patternes to the default static convergance settings, reinstall convergance, enter service menu, rest convergance, intilise magic focus, then possibley reset the convergance in all three modes the set can run in. Because when you turned that ring some very critical factory setting now are gone and have to be reset or just replacing Ic's will get you nowhere
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)