Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
How to change ic's on your projection Tv

mkirks
New User

Sep 12, 2010, 7:00 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2250 views)
Shortcut
How to change ic's on your projection Tv Can't Post

I need to know what are the ic's on my Sony KP53HS30 projection TV and how to change them out. As well as the location of them.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2010, 8:12 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mkirks] How to change ic's on your projection Tv [In reply to] Can't Post

The ICs will be either STK392-560 or STK392-570. they will be the largest ICs in the set and will be mounted to two large aluminum heat sinks.

You'll have to desolder them. Use solder wick. if you don't know how to use solder wick go to Google Video search (or YouTube) and use the search term 'Solder wick' and you'll see demos there. If you have to remove any wires / plugs etc. to get the board out far enough to get at the ICs make sure you mark each wire and plug very carefully with a sharpie marker so they go back on in the exact place or you will do irreversible damage (also take a few digital pics just to be on the safe side so you can refer back to them).

When you solder the new ICs back in do not create any solder bridges between the pins (By solder bridges I mean do not solder any of the leads together; unless they were together before you de-soldered them)

Also be careful not to damage the small trace lines leading up to the IC. Using solder wick helps prevent this; it wicks the solder away and keeps the trace lines from getting too hot from your soldering iron.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 12, 2010, 8:56 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2245 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mkirks] How to change ic's on your projection Tv [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you're NOT going to start a new thread each time you have another question. Angelic

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)