Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
JVC AV-48WP74

gregjones
New User

Mar 26, 2010, 9:42 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1396 views)
Shortcut
JVC AV-48WP74 Can't Post

This TV was recently moved. Since then, it has had a problem with the colors being separated. I did a bit of looking on the net and believe it might be what you would call a "convergence" problem.

I did the auto convergence from the front panel. There was no improvement. I tried to do a manual adjustment. I can move the red box around. I got the the part of hitting the "select" button to change the color of the box and can't get any further.

The remote with this TV is a LP21036-039. It turns the unit off and on and I can move the red box around. It doesn't have a button labled "select"!! But, I can't get any button to change the color of the box..

Looking further on the net, it seems this thing might need a "convergence repair kit". Does this seem likely?

If so, would you have any idea of a price range that I could expect to pay to get it fixed? I live about 50 miles from Atlanta, GA, if there are any major regional price differences.

Thanks,
Greg

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 26, 2010, 10:22 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gregjones] JVC AV-48WP74 [In reply to] Can't Post

Since it was working correctly before it was moved, I'd visually check the solder joints on those convergence IC's.Cool
Is the remote the same one that came with the TV when the TV was purchased new?

-------------------------

gregjones
New User

Mar 26, 2010, 11:31 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] JVC AV-48WP74 [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know if the remote is original or not. I found a site that lists that model as a universal JVC remote.

I don't have a clue what those "IC's" are, but I can probably find directions somewhere on the net to find them.

I could pull the back off and look for loose wires but I've been afraid of poking around inside since I don't know what I'm doing. I don't want to get shocked.

Thanks.

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 27, 2010, 4:40 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gregjones] JVC AV-48WP74 [In reply to] Can't Post

Just stay away from the thick red wires going to the CRTs.
Those ICs are attached to large heat sink and should look like:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/...K392-110-/STK392-110

Don't forget to check bias resistors and fuses for convergence.Wink

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)