Lamp problem, TY-LA1000 for Panasonic PT-52LCX65

hobbynut
New User

Mar 27, 2011, 1:19 AM

Post #1 of 3 (11054 views)
Shortcut
Lamp problem, TY-LA1000 for Panasonic PT-52LCX65 Can't Post

Please help!
I have just been given a Panasonic PT-52LCX65-K. The previous owner told me that I would need to replace the lamp to get it working. They said that the replace lamp warning had appeared, but they did not replace the lamp... they just kept using it untill the lamp died.
After reading the manual I plugged the TV in and watched the power light flash green for a while... Then the power light would flash red, and the red lamp indicator flashed once every five seconds.
I purchased a new lamp (complete assembly) and installed it as per the instructions in the manual.
I plugged it in, turned it on an after a few green flashes the lamp timer warning screen came up, and the the TV shut off.
I tried to turn the TV back on to reset the timer as per the directions (hold minus volume key on TV while pressing the button on remote) but cannot get the TV to come back on.
The power light flashes green 108 times It then begins to flash red, and the lamp button starts to flash once every five seconds...
Is there anything else I can do to get this thing to work?
I can feel the fan blowing air when I turn on the power.
Is there any way to test the lamp itself?
Does anyon have any insight?
Please help, I am open to suggestions...
I can't believe that the new lamp could fail after one ignition, so I am hoping that there is just some "Secret" proceedure that someone here may know...
Thanks. Hobbynut

Repair man
Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2011, 3:00 AM

Post #2 of 3 (11011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hobbynut] Lamp problem, TY-LA1000 for Panasonic PT-52LCX65 [In reply to] Can't Post

Here are some common things to try...

Make sure the lamp is plugged in tight & the lamp door cover is back on properly. There is a door switch that detects if the door is not on all the way & lamp will not light.

Sometimes the door switch can fail, if you can find it you can just jump the switch. This switch is a safety switch so if jumping gets the set to work be sure to change the switch.

Some DLP sets also have a lamp temperature sensor that can open causing the lamp to not light. This sensor is often mounted on top of where the lamp sits (you'll have to remove the back of the set to find this).

Also if the color wheel is bad & does not spin up to speed the lamp will not light.

There may be a problem with the ballast that ignites the lamp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

hobbynut
New User

Apr 13, 2011, 4:47 PM

Post #3 of 3 (11008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Lamp problem, TY-LA1000 for Panasonic PT-52LCX65 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the suggestions, but...
It appears it was a failed lamp after one ignition.
I purchased a second identical TV on Kijiji for fifty bucks just to test the lamp and ensure it was not my ballast. I had checked all the other symptoms before I posted...
Lamp still didn't work, so I took the lamp back to the place I purchased it & they agreed to replaced it under warranty, no questions asked. I even managed to strike a deal for two bare bulbs instead of the one complete assembly, c/w a one year warrannty for each bulb.
I installed one of the bulbs in the enclosure last evening and it works in both of my TV's, so I'm pretty satisfied at this point. I will install the second bulb in the enclosure from the second TV tonight, & set it up in the garage...
Hobbynut
P.S. A door switch problem would have caused two orange blinks every few seconds on the power switch...

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)