Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Last years Samsung DLP model...

Fenz4Ever
New User

Aug 23, 2004, 9:01 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1782 views)
Shortcut
Last years Samsung DLP model... Can't Post

Ok i read this post on another thread and was wondering if some people could expand on what this guy said about last years samsung dlps... He said that there were some problems and i was wondering if anyone knew some more specifics about the problems. I can get last years 50" for 2800 & is it worth it?

Here is the quote...

'First of all i've noticed many problems with last years samsung dlp model, but not as many problems in this years, but they are still there. There is also the famous rainbow effect. But one thing that i dont like is that the dlp's look too digital somtimes (esp with a dvi player). You will esp notice it in blurry backrounds. I would suggest always using component cables. As far as LCD goes, the sony is the top dog, but everyone knows about the lack of news bulbs. Besides the black levels, i would have to say the sony matches the dlp's in HDTV picture quality, but the sony actually looks better in SDTV and DVD. DVD looks better b/c dvd resolution runs at 720x480 and the sony runs at 1386 X 788. If you double the 720 it equals 1420 which is closer to the sony's resolution(1386) than dlp's(1280).'

A couple things im wondering is what does he mean by the pic looks to digital and also i thought dvi was suppost to be much better then component. Also, what are the other problems that he didnt mention with the sammy dlp?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)