Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
MITSUBISHI 50" NO VIDEO BUT SOUND GREAT

XANGOMAN
New User

Jan 28, 2010, 2:04 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1018 views)
Shortcut
MITSUBISHI 50" NO VIDEO BUT SOUND GREAT Can't Post

HELLO TO ALL I AM NEW TO THIS TV REPAIR FORUM. A USED REAR PROJECTION 50" TV GIVEN TO ME AS FREE. THE ONLY PROBLEM HAS BEEN TOLD WAS FUSE OR NO POWER. BUT THE TV DOES COME ON WITHOUT PICTURE OR SNOW ONLY HAS QUALITY SOUND. I HAVE CHECKED ALL OF THE COLD JOINED AREA EVEN RE SOLDER THEM. NO SIGN OF BLOWN OR BAD PARTS ON CIRCUIT BOARD. KINDLY HELP ME WITH THE SCHEM OR REPAIR INFO SO I CAN FURTHER TEST OTHER PARTS. ONE MORE THING THE RED INSULATED CORD WHICH IS CONNECTED ON THE FLY BACK SEEMS LOOSE DOES IT IS A MAJOR ISSUE CAN BE FIX THE MODEL IS VS-50VA2 ANY HELP WILL BE HIGHLY APPRICIATED.... ISMAIL OF XANGO

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2010, 4:54 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [XANGOMAN] MITSUBISHI 50" NO VIDEO BUT SOUND GREAT [In reply to] Can't Post

You will likely need to change the vertical IC (It's a smaller IC mounted to an aluminum heat sink) I think the part number on the board is IC401. The part number on the IC may be an LA7838 there also may be a resistor that has opened that is near the flyback transformer, the part number on the board for the resistor is R510 (or R509, check them both) and it's value should be around .82 ohms to 1.2 ohms; if you check it with a meter you will probably find it is open and if it is then change it as will as the vertical IC I mentioned.

There is probably an electrolytic capacitor the needs to be changed also that is near the vertical IC, I'm not sure which capacitor but one near the IC has likely changed value causing then IC to short and in turn causing the resistor to open. There are only a few caps (maybe 3 or 4) around the IC if in doubt change them all.

Also check for bad connections on the yoke plugs at the yoke end as well as the circuit board end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)