Maganavox Intermittent Blue Crt

ewhiz
New User

Nov 9, 2010, 8:49 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1064 views)
Shortcut
Maganavox Intermittent Blue Crt Can't Post

Hi Folks!
My parents have owned a Magnavox RM8550 A201 Rear Projection for many, many years. This television has always had an intermittent blue CRT problem. When powered on, the blue may turn on after ten to fifteen minutes of use, or may not turn on for hours. When the blue CRT does work, it generally turns on or off, multiple times, over the period of several hours use. I am familiar with the coolant contamination problems that are common with these sets and may need to address this one day. However, given the blue CRT is intermittently dead, I feel that is probably related to a cold-solider joint, bad Cap, or other component(s). Hopefully, this is a common problem with these sets and you guys can point me in the right direction. I repair both home and pro audio equipment, so I have good knowledge of electronic components and repair. Although, I will be the first to tell you that I have had limited experience with television repair. Thanks, in advance, for your response.

darstr
User

Nov 9, 2010, 10:20 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ewhiz] Maganavox Intermittent Blue Crt [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy Try swapping your blue crt board with your green crt board and see if the problem moves to the green tube. Let me know what happens and good luck to you.

ewhiz
New User

Nov 10, 2010, 7:01 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darstr] Maganavox Intermittent Blue Crt [In reply to] Can't Post

Great idea! In all honesty, I was not aware that procedure was possible. It may be several days before I can make it over to my parents house, but I will try this swap and let you know how it goes... Thanks for your reply!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)