Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Magnavox RM8540 A103

Murdoc
New User

Feb 4, 2005, 3:37 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1655 views)
Shortcut
Magnavox RM8540 A103 Can't Post

I need some advice and some info on where I can find some parts. OK I got this TV free from my grandpa last summer after he upgraded to a 56" HD Sony I have just recently got around to messing with it due to moving, so anyway I was wondering where I might be able to pick up a new screen for this thing. The current one is has tons of scratches in it and its a little warped. And I also have a problem a little hard to explain. When ever I use the TV to play a DVD or Video Game there is a Ora around the Character and text the color on said Ora depends on the color its surrounding and the brighter the color the larger the Ora gets. I am trying to get at least 2 more years out of this TV giving me time to save up for something better. Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

TV Info:
Make: Magnavox
Model #: RM8540 A103
Serial #: 11237205
Pack Date Code: 3011R091D
Chassis Model #: PTV382-A001

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2005, 8:30 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Murdoc] Magnavox RM8540 A103 [In reply to] Can't Post

First problem the screen replacments can be found at WWW.vancebaldwin.com they could be a little spendy at around 350.00 or mabey you could find a shop in your area that has a used ferensil screen ( the one in the front with lines in it that in most cases is the only one needing replacment when they get scratched ) some shops like ours will cut down a screen to fit for around a $100.00
The second problem the "fuzzy" is caused by a infection in the coolant in one or all three CRT's. that coolant must be removed then the chamber cleaned and new coolant installed . A good shop could do this fairly cheap and that way no coolant gets spilled or leakes out destroying the set.
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)