Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Mitsubishi convergence problem when warm

ozarkgolfer
New User

Feb 22, 2004, 1:15 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2932 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi convergence problem when warm Can't Post

I have a model number WS-65807 65" Projection model bought new in May 2000. Not too much trouble with it and the picture has always been great. Whenever we've had to move the set to get behind things that were dropped there by the cat, the convergence has always needed to be adjusted - that's the only inconvenience.

A couple of days ago, the TV had been on for about an hour and the convergence "popped" out of whack. We turned the TV off and back on and everything seemed fine that evening. Today, after about 5 minutes of being powered up, the convergence "popped" out of focus again. By a lot. Turning off and on did nothing. The convergence controls did nothing. We powered down, left it for about five minutes and turned it back on. It worked fine for another five minutes and "popped" out again.

When the set is "cold" we get a great picture and we can adjust the convergence. After five minutes, the convergence pops out and nothing can be adjusted.

Any advice or ideas what this might cost to fix?

ozarkgolfer
New User

Feb 22, 2004, 8:48 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ozarkgolfer] Mitsubishi convergence problem when warm [In reply to] Can't Post

Update

24 hours later, the convergence is now out of whack immediately after power up.

Maxima SE
New User

Sep 12, 2004, 12:22 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ozarkgolfer] Mitsubishi convergence problem when warm [In reply to] Can't Post

The problem is pretty common with the TV's that I've dealt with, but I can never find a solution. If anyone has any suggestions to ozarkgolfer's problem, that would be of great benefit to me as well.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)