Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Need advice: High voltage splitter replacement

DaRedFox
New User

Feb 3, 2005, 3:12 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1348 views)
Shortcut
Need advice: High voltage splitter replacement Can't Post

I'm almost there, seems fairly easy enough. I did stumble on the part where I'm in the process of inserting the main leads however I can't seem to get it in all the way to the marked point on the wire. I've got the right length but am short about a 1/4", it just won't go and when I give it a little muscle it still won't go and the tip of the wire keeps bending out of shape.

What am I doing wrong?

The tubes where the leads go into is about 2 3/4" long with a tiny hole in the bottom where the tip of the wire seats into but it seems like the hole is just big enough for a perfect fit. No tolerance at all, I'm slowly inserting the lead making sure it's straight trying to feel for where the hole is and just when I think its seated that 1/4" just won't go and the wire keeps bending. Grrrrrrr, trying to keep my cool.

The exposed wire is about 3/8" long however I took a straightened paper clip and inserted it into the hole at the bottom f the tube on the old splitter and it only goes in about an 8th of an inch. Is the rest of the wire supposed to bend?

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2005, 8:33 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaRedFox] Need advice: High voltage splitter replacement [In reply to] Can't Post

One thing we forgot to mentchen is there are little O- rings on the old splitter, when you try to transfer these in to the new splitter sometimes they get hung up, the cure toss these littl O-rings the set will run fine without them
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)