New Display?

intrex
New User

May 31, 2010, 2:53 PM

Post #1 of 1 (813 views)
Shortcut
New Display? Can't Post

Hello Everyone,

I have had a Toshiba 62hm195 for about 5 years now. I loved this display but was very disappointing with the maintenance. I replaced 5 bulbs in it and now need to replace the color wheel and processor. I took everything apart and found a new wheel/processor online for $327, but I am now thinking I should just get a new display.

I have always loved the Samsung hl67a750 display and the life of the led lightsource sounds great. I really want a display that is 60+ inches. I haven't been terribly impressed with the new technology (in the same price range). Most of the LCD displays drive me crazy with the extreme digital look and the plasmas are just too expensive in the size screen I want. Is there something else I should be looking at to get a display of this size in the $2000 range?

Is my love for the old school dlp technology blinding me from the benefits of the new technology? 3D seems kind of cool but I just don't see myself watching much in the format. It seems like it is going to be several years before it becomes widely accepted. Does 3D look decent on the Samsung DLP?

Thanks for any advice you have,

Bryan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)