Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
P46732BA / PTK169PGA ... No Power Up ... ??

SCOOBY
New User

May 5, 2005, 9:46 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1887 views)
Shortcut
P46732BA / PTK169PGA ... No Power Up ... ?? Can't Post

Hi, maybe you can help me. I've just start to check a RCA TV Model P46732BA / PTK169PGA. I'm electronic tech but TV is not my brand. So the problem is that the TV was working very good and one time she never power on again. I have make a first check inside and i found that when i disconnect the TV for some minutes and put again the power i hear maybe 10 time a small tic...tic...tic...tic... not like a relay but like high voltage trying something. I have read some informations on some forum but do you have an idea. Maybe you have this part that i need. I was thinking that it was the lamps insides because the TV has 10 years with the same lamps but i dont know the way to check the lamp. Thank's for your help i appreciate this. Éric

Hect7369
User

May 6, 2005, 4:24 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SCOOBY] P46732BA / PTK169PGA ... No Power Up ... ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Erick,I have serviced several Tv's PTK169's series.I think the circuits to check are:Power supply(by checking B+,you get it,it should be around 150 V DC)if it's more HV protect in on,Then-Horiz/circuit(checking dried capacitors,) and finally,HV Splitter leaky.Be careful,HV RUNS IN BOARD,If you aren't a tech,i suggest you don't intend to repair it yourself!!!

Hect.

SCOOBY
New User

May 6, 2005, 5:22 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hect7369] P46732BA / PTK169PGA ... No Power Up ... ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Hect for your answer. I will receive the TV on Monday. If you agree with this i will come back to you after with my results.

Yes i'm tech and i know that HV is dangerous in TV and because of this i need to talk with professional before. If you want i would like that you show me where is the HV danger and the check points that you talk in your mail. I send you picture of the back of TV.

http://webhome.idirect.com/~lude/TEMP/DSCF0006.JPG

My email is technik@look.ca

Thanks again.

Éric

Hect7369
User

May 6, 2005, 5:49 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SCOOBY] P46732BA / PTK169PGA ... No Power Up ... ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I not good with my english,but I will try:

At the right side of flyback Transformer IS THE POWER SUPPLY (place that you plug your tv to the AC 120 V)There is a IC TEA2261 besides this, U get 2 capacitor electrolitics(15uf and 1uf/2.2uf),If they aren't replaced.Replace them(this caused your problem)

Also check B+ in power supply.it's around 150-160V when tv is in shutdown.If you get more tan that,probably B+ is high causing HV raising.

Use a isolated AC transformer,lowing AC voltage at 70 volts AC(PLugging your tv to this).If tv works ,sure power supply is raising B+ more than especified and this it needs to repair it.

Flyback transformer and HV splitter could cause this problem too.(I'll give u more details then)

Let me know your results.

Hect

SCOOBY
New User

May 6, 2005, 6:01 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hect7369] P46732BA / PTK169PGA ... No Power Up ... ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

You are very good in english. Me too i'm not very good but principal is to understand :)

I'm French from Montréal, Québec, Canada.

Ok thanks again i will check that !!!

Talk later have a nice weekend.

Éric

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)