Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Pink tint to 3/4 of the screen - JVC HD-52FA97

Dennis5155
New User

May 12, 2010, 4:50 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1745 views)
Shortcut
Pink tint to 3/4 of the screen - JVC HD-52FA97 Can't Post

Recently I replaced the lamp on my JVC HD-52FA97 projection TV. At first everything was fine. The picture seemed sort of bright but was clear and otherwise very nice. About 3 days later a dark cloud appeared in the upper left corner and within another day, the cloud went away and now 3/4 of the screen has a very pink tint to it. The other 1/4 of the screen is normal. Does anyone know what is causing this? I have tried the basic adjustments from the menu on the remote but it does no good. I also emailed JVC's support dept but so far, no response.
Dennis

Repair man
Enthusiast

May 23, 2010, 8:51 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dennis5155] Pink tint to 3/4 of the screen - JVC HD-52FA97 [In reply to] Can't Post

When you changed the lamp did you touch the surface of it anywhere with your fingertips? If you did, you could have a problem with the lamp; the oils from your skin gets on the lamp and once the lamp gets hot these oils can cause the lamp to discolor or even explode in some cases. (Due to the high temperatures that the lamp runs at, the glass will expand and contract at different rates than the parts that were not touched)

Another possibility is when you had it apart changing the lamp you may have disturbed some dust and it's landed on the lamp, the projector lens or the small reflector mirror etc. Try removing the back and blowing it out with a can compressed air.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)