Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Pioneer PRO-200 Convergence Problem

JimH
New User

Sep 8, 2004, 2:09 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1976 views)
Shortcut
Pioneer PRO-200 Convergence Problem Can't Post

Recently, my Pioneer Pro-200 developed blue and yellow ghosting. After reading this forum and other online information, I suspected that one of the convergence drive amps could be at fault (STK392-110). I replaced them both but the set will not converge. I am using the Avia test DVD video grid pattern. The center point of each color grid is clearly marked. The green pattern is right on and easily adjusted but even at max settings (not where I would want to leave it) neither the red nor the blue will statically converge in horizontal (I have the service manual and am working from the factory convergence menu). Vertical static convergence is OK. I am now thinking of replacing the entire convergence board but would like some advice that confirms that only the convergence board is likely at fault. The set is 6 years old, has had absolutely no problems until now and always had a great looking picture. Nothing has been overdriven since it was setup using Video Essentials and contrast has always been run very low. Anybody have any suggestions?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)