Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
RCA PROJECTION TV

chuckie
New User

May 27, 2003, 2:43 PM

Post #1 of 3 (9907 views)
Shortcut
RCA PROJECTION TV Can't Post

I HAVE A RCA HOME THEATRE PROJECTION TV.WHEN I TURN IT ON I HEAR THE RELAY CLICKING BUT THE TV DOES NOT TURN ON.I HAVE TRIED UNPLUGGING IT FOR 5 MINUTES,NOTHING HAPPENED.I HEARD A REPORT THAT MOST LIKELY IT IS THE H.O.T RECTIFIER,NOT SURE.IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.THANKS.

MaierTV
User

May 30, 2003, 4:59 PM

Post #2 of 3 (9832 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuckie] RCA PROJECTION TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Will need a model # to even try to give you a guessWink

MaierTV
User

Jun 9, 2003, 11:51 PM

Post #3 of 3 (9791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuckie] RCA PROJECTION TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Well Kevin gave us a model # to work with Kevins most likley only needs the high voltage spliter replaced, I do a little more than that, but kevin you could try this, remove the speaker grill, remove the front panel, do not disconectt any wires then on yore right you will find a black box with several wires leading to it Carfully remove the one with the RED eend on it, try to pull this as far out of the set as you can, keep it away fromm meatel or any other componets as you can, isolate it by either black tape or ( tollet papper tube with the bare end of the wire 1/2 way thu) then.............plug it in with the antena attached, if then the st starts and has audio ( there will be no PIX) your splitter is bad

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)