Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
RCA Projector TV - Won't turn on

jrlweb
New User

Jun 19, 2003, 4:18 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3816 views)
Shortcut
RCA Projector TV - Won't turn on Can't Post

We've had this TV repaired in the past but it's becoming a problem child and quite annoying. The model number is P52730CK. It's an older one. It just won't turn on sometimes, especially when it's being moved slightly or we power off the outlets from the breaker at times. The power cord that originally came with it was kinda worn down when I noticed this problem previously so I replaced it with a power cable that comes with a computer. They are essentially the same with the exception of the original RCA cable not having a ground while the computer cable did. That fixed the problem for a short time but now it's not working again. It's so frustrating. Anyone have a suggestion? Keep in mind I know nothing about TVs, I've never opened up the set, and my expertise lies in computers. Any suggestions are still appreciated!!

MaierTV
User

Jun 20, 2003, 9:57 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrlweb] RCA Projector TV - Won't turn on [In reply to] Can't Post

Sound like you got the CTC169 chassis they have some problem capacitors in the power supply that drive the B+ voltage up but your problem sounds as if you simply have cold solder joints on the board where the receptical solders in, check here firstBlush

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)