F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Phillips Projection Convergence Issues.? Or Something Else. "PIC Heavy"

A32MaximaKing
New User

Nov 1, 2016, 3:47 AM

Post #1 of 3 (40633 views)
Shortcut
Phillips Projection Convergence Issues.? Or Something Else. "PIC Heavy" Can't Post

Hello Forum,

I Would Like to introduce My Self, I'm Devin. I would like to get some help and Input From The Professionals In this Field, I've been reading for a few days. This seems to be where I can get the Answers to my questions. So lets Fix it.Wink No Stranger to electronics, 15+ years, Master Automotive Technician. I can post pictures at any time, and keep this updated. So it can be used to help someone else with a similar issue.

TV:

Phillips
Model # 50P8341A
Serial # 82353189
Model # PTV915
Date Code 8-22-03

The Lenses were Very dirty, I cleaned them. Upon Further Inspection. I can only see a clear image in the red bulb. The Blue and Green, have a haze over them, and the image appears Faint.

These pics of the Housings, you can somewhat make out a cars wheel and fender area, in the red. Ill Check back and update as needed. Thank you so much for you time and effort...

Ron.M
Veteran

Nov 8, 2016, 6:28 PM

Post #2 of 3 (40576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [A32MaximaKing] Phillips Projection Convergence Issues.? Or Something Else. "PIC Heavy" [In reply to] Can't Post

A32MaximaKing;...

SORRY about the LONG delay..
I more or less gave up on this site since Flat Screen TVs took over..
I have 50+ years TV repair experience on analog TVs such as yours..

Your TV has contaminated CRT coolant In the Blue & Green CRTs..
It is a lot of work that has to be carefully done , but , the end results WILL be worth the work.
IF you are still wanting to fix this TV , just post & I WILL get a notice & I WILL reply ASAP !!!
I have done these repairs 100s of times , ALL with EXCELLENT results...

Have a GREAT day & VOTE !!!

BTW:..
THANKS for the GREAT PIX !!!
Helps a LOT to see exactly what the problem is..
Good Job !!!

Later...Ron.M..Cool.....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

(This post was edited by Ron.M on Nov 8, 2016, 6:30 PM)

guss67
New User

Nov 16, 2016, 11:15 PM

Post #3 of 3 (36779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [A32MaximaKing] Phillips Projection Convergence Issues.? Or Something Else. "PIC Heavy" [In reply to] Can't Post

Search my name for a complete write up and don't let Ron lead you on a wild goose chase. I've done three of these and I'm not even a tv tech. Very easy repair.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)