Panasonic PT-50DL54J

PEI Guy
New User

Feb 27, 2017, 1:28 AM

Post #1 of 4 (9082 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic PT-50DL54J Can't Post

Hi
I have a Panasonic PT-50DL54J, with what appears to be a crack (or a black fork) diagonally across the screen. I have tried a different lamp, with the same result. I took the back panel off and did a little cleaning and blew some compressed air around to remove dust. I noticed that the fork on the screen has moved a little. So know I am wondering if it could be a cobweb or a hair, etc. Problem is, I am not sure exactly what I should be trying to take apart to clean. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 27, 2017, 1:39 AM

Post #2 of 4 (9081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PEI Guy] Panasonic PT-50DL54J [In reply to] Can't Post

Feather dust around light engine after making sure it is secured and hasn't moved.

-------------------------

PEI Guy
New User

Feb 27, 2017, 2:23 AM

Post #3 of 4 (9075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic PT-50DL54J [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, This is my first time trying to take a TV apart!
So, I found a service manual online and now know approximately where the Light Engine is. Looks like I will have to dismantle some components to be able to get a little feather duster in to the light engine?

PEI Guy
New User

Mar 6, 2017, 3:47 AM

Post #4 of 4 (9014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PEI Guy] Panasonic PT-50DL54J [In reply to] Can't Post

So, There turned out to be 2 wires that somehow shifted and were now resting above the lens. And broadcasting on to the screen. I was able to reach in with a screwdriver and push the wires clear of the lens. Problem solved. Thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)