Sony KP 43T90 question? I suck.

JackMaverik
New User

Jan 16, 2010, 3:41 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1220 views)
Shortcut
Sony KP 43T90 question? I suck. Can't Post

Hey ya'll.

So - I just got a Sony KP43t90 and when I got it the picture was pretty washed out and unclear with green halos around stuff.

I read around the internet and found out it could be the CRT coolant. So I went and found some and replaced it (what a nightmare). When I got in there though - the coolant was in pretty good shape. I replaced it anyway. So - no worries there.

It did a whole lot of nothing.

So I got the service manual and dug into the settings. The set seems to have okay convergence. Everything lines up correctly. The problem is this (finally - he gets to the point).

In the service menu - i turn on the little points grid and try to dial in the green. It's got like weird shapes around it. Like it looks kinda smeared. I played with the screen and focus adjustment. It's not blurry. It's like - a point with flares or wings or something coming off the corners.

Then I get into the Blue one and it just stays kinda fuzzy - though no weird shapes.

The red - is like a laser. It's perfect.

So when i watch a show - everything kind of has a green halo effect (Not the green out of convergence).

Any idea? Bad green tube? That's what I'm thinking now. You guys know better than me.

Sorry for being ignorant and demanding free information. I just am at an impasse.

Jack

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2010, 5:50 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JackMaverik] Sony KP 43T90 question? I suck. [In reply to] Can't Post

At the top end of the tube there are lenses. These lenses can be manually focused; there are often wing nuts that you can loosen and slide left and right until you reach a point of maximum focus (sliding them left and right will cause them to turn up and down much like a pair of binoculars). These will get out of focus sometimes when moving the sets or working with the tubes.

This adjustment is usually done from the back of the set so prop up a large mirror in front of the set that you can look in to see what affect you are causing on the screen as you make your adjustments.

Once you have the lenses adjusted, tighten the wing nuts; you then may need to adjust the focus using the focus block like you tried just to get an even finer focus.

It's easier to make this adjustment with the convergence screen called up because it lets you see the red, blue and green lines and as you are adjusting you can get them to a fine line. This is much easier than trying do do this with a picture on the screen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Jan 31, 2010, 5:52 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)