Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Toshiba 42h81 pix ditorted & rippled thru-out

wjbr
New User

Jul 29, 2004, 3:36 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2027 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 42h81 pix ditorted & rippled thru-out Can't Post

Hi...have this projection in for repair...picture is all squigly thru-out..like a rippled effect very unstable...almost like the fyback was viabrating,i've seen that before quite a few times...but this appears from video,because on screen menu does not distort,..but even in video mode with blank screen,I can see the distortion,...also since the pix is constantly shifting from side...there are vert lines appearing in momentary flashes...a way do describe it better maybe would be to take a pencil and on paper zigzag lines down the sheet ,very close together...thats what I see on the whole image...any thing you've seen?...thanks.bye.*john wjbr@bellnet.ca

suny
New User

Feb 8, 2005, 10:43 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wjbr] Toshiba 42h81 pix ditorted & rippled thru-out [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi...have this projection in for repair...picture is all squigly thru-out..like a rippled effect very unstable...almost like the fyback was viabrating,i've seen that before quite a few times...but this appears from video,because on screen menu does not distort,..but even in video mode with blank screen,I can see the distortion,...also since the pix is constantly shifting from side...there are vert lines appearing in momentary flashes...a way do describe it better maybe would be to take a pencil and on paper zigzag lines down the sheet ,very close together...thats what I see on the whole image...any thing you've seen?...thanks.bye.*john wjbr@bellnet.ca

I have a Toshiba 65H82 with same problem. Also want to add that i can watch POP which uses one half of the screen. POP looks normal (not distored or zigzagged). I have tried all 3 video inputs and it dosent make any difference. Thanks for any help. LL ldloud@npacc.net

wjbr
New User

Feb 8, 2005, 10:50 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [suny] Toshiba 42h81 pix ditorted & rippled thru-out [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi...I found the problem along time ago...it's in the Hyper Modual...I esred the surface mount filters...found three bad or open...2@ 10 uf 16 v I think...and not sure about the third on...you're just gonna' have to sit down for a few minites and ESR them...you will find the leaky ones...anyways...see Ya'...bye.*john

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)