Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Toshiba 50 " Projection TV Picture Problems

nittanylionnut
New User

Feb 13, 2005, 2:42 AM

Post #1 of 1 (3532 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 50 " Projection TV Picture Problems Can't Post

I've have a 3 year old 50" Toshiba 50A50 projection TV. Last June, we had a storm/power surge that caused a sound problems. I paid a local repair shop ~$400 to fix it. They did (replaced an IC and rebuilt a power supply). Only problem is when they came to pick up my set on the way to repair it, they dropped it on my driveway. They scratched up the outer screen really bad and broke off a wheel. Finally convinced them to replace the outer screen...when they did, they scratched up the inner screen. So now have new inner and outer screens but one big problem the repair shop nor Toshiba factory techs can solve: there is an annoying halo effect in the center of the picture! The shop is washing their hands of it saying they don't know what to do next. The picture is fine in the center of the screen (~ 24 inch diameter circle) but outside the circle to the edge of the screen, the picture appears darker. Almost like looking through a periscope. Also a slight rainbow effect on the left side of the circle. Shop owner came over this AM to finally replace the scratched inner screen and put black electrical tape on an IR box in the set (somebody at Toshiba thought it could be a reflective thing in the set causing the problems). Neither the tape nor the new inner screen worked! I am frustrated. I redid the convergence today also. Can anyone help? I a really don't know what to do? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)