Toshiba 55PJ6DB picture collapse.

Eugene Speed
New User

Sep 9, 2013, 8:37 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1939 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 55PJ6DB picture collapse. Can't Post

(also posted in the repair section)
I have had this tv for six years, I got it for free as the convergence was well out. I fitted a new set of convergence chips and since then have had no problems up until a month ago. When first powering up the tv with no inputs, it would normally go to a blue screen. Recently the picture would have fine scratchy horizontal lines across it for the first few minutes until the set warmed up, then it was fine. A few days ago I was up early in the morning and it was quite cold in my front room, I turned on the set and the picture appeared to be 'collapsed' in that I could see a blue-ish line horizontally across the centre of the screen. After a couple of minutes the picture was trying to 'expand' and finally it did and the set could be used. The same happened for a couple of days, after a minute or two it would come to life. Yesterday however the set powered on then immediately there was a click as it powered itself down again. There is slight static crackle from the CRTs just after the shutdown so I am assuming they are still getting power. Is it another convergence issue or something more serious?

(This post was edited by Eugene Speed on Sep 9, 2013, 9:34 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)