Toshiba 65hx81 completley scrambled

imnothere
New User

Feb 7, 2013, 6:13 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1979 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 65hx81 completley scrambled Can't Post

Toshiba 65hx81.
She died a while back, so I finally decided to fix her! Had the dreaded blinking red LED with no picture or sound. After much research, I replaced 2 5A fuses, and one 2A fuse. Put it back together, the set turned on!
But...
Horizontal lines moving from top to bottom, varying at speeds, completely scrambled picture, dull sound (possible unrelated).

So I replace the convergence IC's. I'm decent at soldering, but traced each lead to its corresponding end point, just to make sure. all tested perfect.

Put back together, still no change.
Auto focus does nothing, failing half the time.
Go to menu to convergence, arrow over, nothing happens. Like its not available.

I had checked every solder joint till my eyes went cross eyed. No visually leaky/cracked caps. checked jumper leads, found one bad one, fixed, changed nothing tho.

It does it on any video setting. I hooked up a dvd player, and you could hear the movie (barely), but the picture stayed the same--scrambled, horizontal lines moving up or down. The colors would change along with the movie tho.

I took 2 pics of it on my phone if needed.

Please, any ideas? I'm very comfortable working on electronics (self taught), but I'm far from professional, hence me coming here!

Thanks in advance for your help!

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 9, 2013, 4:18 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [imnothere] Toshiba 65hx81 completley scrambled [In reply to] Can't Post

SEARCH for: "Hyper" board toshiba

Wink

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)