Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Toshiba TP50H50 convergence issue.

Bill60118
New User

Aug 19, 2010, 2:56 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba TP50H50 convergence issue. Can't Post

I was given a Toshiba TP50H50 from a co-worker. She didn't want to waste the money or effort getting it fixed. So after researching about convergence problems I decided to tackle the problem myself.

Once I got the set home I plugged it in. No power. Flashing red light on front of set. Removed back, unplugged 10 connector wire and got a white screen. Unplugged 8 wire connector and got no power. Replugged all connectors back and set came on with no problem. Decided to do the convergence because blue was off to right side. Blue would converge vertically but not horizontally. Ordered new convergence chips STK392-110.

Took apart set and labeled each connector. Removed convergence IC's. Replaced IC's with new thermal paste. Put it all back together today and turned it on. Picture is bowed on all four sides and convergence is way off. Attempted to adjust convergence with remote but when I select a number on the remote to begin converging the set does not give me the normal cross hairs. Instead it returns back to the convergence menu of selecting red or blue.

Any suggestions on what I might check? I don't understand why it would go into convergence before and not now.

Bill

darstr
User

Aug 23, 2010, 9:01 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bill60118] Toshiba TP50H50 convergence issue. [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy Check around your Ic's for burnt resistors or bad peco fuses. Common for these to go bad when the Ic's fail

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 23, 2010, 10:29 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darstr] Toshiba TP50H50 convergence issue. [In reply to] Can't Post

PECO is a Exelon Company.
Pico is a fuse.Wink

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Aug 23, 2010, 10:29 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)