Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Toshiba TP61F80 PLEASE HELP

1986VeeDub
New User

Apr 22, 2010, 3:42 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1475 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba TP61F80 PLEASE HELP Can't Post

Hi, I'm brand new to this site. I have a Toshiba TP61F80 Rear Projection TV, build in Oct 1996. IMO this is a great TV for being how old it is. My problem is that i have never had any trouble with it until 2 nights ago (worked great till then). I have my TV plugged in to 1 of the 2 AUX outlets on the back of my DENON AVR-488, so that when i turn on the stereo the TV comes on also. My cat stepped on the remote that controls this and shut everything off. I turn them back on and the TV clicks on like it normally does, BUT then the power light just blinks It blinks about every sec for as long as i have the TV plugged in. I have tried plugging it into every other outlet in the room and it just blinks at me! I took the back off to look at the inside and nothing seems to be burnt there is not smell of something burning. I don't want to junk this TV since it has worked perfectly since i have owned it. I am a NEWBIE when it comes to internals of a tv. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)