F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
U.S. congressman resigns, promising to pay back sexual harassment claim

yanlin
New User

Apr 28, 2018, 1:25 AM

Post #1 of 1 (14397 views)
Shortcut
U.S. congressman resigns, promising to pay back sexual harassment claim Can't Post

U.S. Republican House Representative Patrick Meehan resigned on Friday and promised to pay back nearly 40,000 dollars alleged sexual harassment claim to taxpayers. "I will pay 39,000.00 dollars to the U.S. Treasury to reimburse for the severance payment that was made from my office account. That payment will be made within 30 days of my resignation from the House of Representatives," Meehan said in the resignation letter. USA Marlboro Red Cigarettes Price lower online "With the knowledge I would not be standing for another term, I have decided that stepping down now is in the interest of the constituents I have been honored to serve," he said. The resignation took effective immediately. The House Ethics Committee voted in February to open an investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against the Pennsylvania Republican and his former chief of staff. Newport short Cigarettes Price wholesale Meehan previously sat on the committee, but was removed after The New York Times reported he used taxpayer money to settle a sexual harassment complaint with a former staffer. The Times reported that Meehan professed romantic desires to a staffer after she initiated a relationship with a man outside the congressman's office. Meehan then allegedly grew hostile toward the woman when she did not accept his overtures. Newport 100s Cigarettes Price cheaper online Meehan later acknowledged much of what the Times reported, but denied he harassed the woman and argued the payment was "severance", according to a TheHill news daily report. Pennsylvania state law mandates that the governor call a special election for no earlier than 60 days from Meehan's resignation, said the report.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)