Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
What Do Pro's Recommend To Clean Contaminated CRT Coolant/Chamber?

Rockstar
User

Mar 5, 2010, 6:07 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1169 views)
Shortcut
What Do Pro's Recommend To Clean Contaminated CRT Coolant/Chamber? Can't Post

I read all the post about people cleaning contaminated crt coolant with soapy water, isopropyl alcohol and denatured alcohol. What I want to know is, what is the best thing to use to clean the gunk and kill off bacteria or what every grows in the crt chamber?

My first TV coolant change I had no idea what to use, so I used Armor All Glass Cleaner Spray and surprisingly its been over a year and all 3 crt's are still clear.

My second TV coolant change I read that you use isopropyl alcohol and the blue and green crt became contaminated again. Red CRT never needed a change from the start.

Thanks for your input's of what you recommend.

Ron.M
Veteran

Mar 5, 2010, 6:46 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rockstar] What Do Pro's Recommend To Clean Contaminated CRT Coolant/Chamber? [In reply to] Can't Post

Rockstar;.....

Soapy water is a no-no....
Isopropyl alcohol used to work fine....Not so sure about denatured alcohol....I NEVER used either.....
First time I EVER heard that Armor All Glass Cleaner Spray was used, good luck with that....Wink.....Only a year , tho....
What worked for me for OVER 15 years is Windex with Amonia D...
A bit hard to find on the grocer's shelves nowadays....
I spray generously , wipe with a cotton T-Shirt or cotton diaper (CLEAN) , re-spray , rinse thoroughly the lenses with warm water & dry with the T-Shirt / diaper....
NEVER a problem after that....

My second TV coolant change I read that you use isopropyl alcohol and the blue and green crt became contaminated again.

You might have missed some....Unsure....

Later...Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

(This post was edited by Ron.M on Mar 5, 2010, 6:52 PM)

Rockstar
User

Mar 7, 2010, 4:09 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] What Do Pro's Recommend To Clean Contaminated CRT Coolant/Chamber? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info. Its good to get a method from someone who's been doing this kind of stuff for years and seen it works.

Thanks Alot, Ron.M

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)