Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
What Does Burn-in Look Like

esoxlee
New User

Aug 12, 2004, 2:49 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1962 views)
Shortcut
What Does Burn-in Look Like Can't Post

I'm in the process of buying a used rear projection TV. I know one of the things to look for is screen "Burn-in". What does "Burn-in" look like when your watching a rear projection tv with this kind of damage. I recently saw a nice 53" Hitachi (2001 model). When this Hitachi is on, it looks like someone took a pink magic marker and drew a happy face on the "inside" face of the screen. Is this screen burn-in?

shadetree
Veteran

Aug 14, 2004, 8:28 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [esoxlee] What Does Burn-in Look Like [In reply to] Can't Post

no lots of times thats cobwebs behind screen

MaierTV
User

Aug 15, 2004, 4:07 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1937 views)
Shortcut

Common cause of "burn" is when a object stays in one spot for a long time you might notice when the sports freek finaly changes the chanel off of ESPN it appears the letters remain in the bottom corner like little goasts.
What has happened is they were burned in to one two or all three crts and are now there till the crts are replaced. This will also happen when someone runs there 16;9 wide scenn in 4x5 mode for too long and this will burn both sides of the screen

Maxima SE
New User

Sep 12, 2004, 12:05 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1855 views)
Shortcut

Burn-ins are annoying since that is always the center of attention. Be very careful that you watch the television before buying it, especially in different channels because in dark environments, the pink spot starts to blend in and becomes unnoticeable.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)