Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Zenith E44W46 LCD -Popping sound bugs ME!

New2HDTV
New User

Jan 31, 2005, 10:02 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1933 views)
Shortcut
Zenith E44W46 LCD -Popping sound bugs ME! Can't Post

OK, a few months ago on the original E44W46LCD thread....(yes it has been a long thread) folks were discussing the occasional 'popping' sound and I never saw any resolution answers. I got a E44W46lcd for Christmas as a gift. It does occasionally (about 2 -3 times a night) have a small 'pop' sound and the volume drops to nothing, then returns slowly to normal in about 30 seconds. It was BB purchase from my older son, and I am wondering if I need to talk to Bestbuy, to Zenith, or what? What have you all ended up doing? Is there a fix from a DIY perspective? Some said it was just a cable, but this is both on my dish satellite AND the broadcast networks. I have a concern that it will go Pop one time and the sound will not come back at all. Has that happened to any longer term users? Does it eventually get better...(bet not)?

Any recommendations? It must be either a manufacturing flaw(manufacturers outsourced part defect perhaps) or a connection issue... It is sort of like when a capacitor builds up a charge then discharges and goes back to normal until the charge builds back up, then another discharge... I have only had it a month, and don't want to let it go until the story is unbelieveable if I go to the store and it is past the manuf. warranty. (I too agree that the purchased aftermarket warranties are crap...and the the biggest profit driver in Sears BB or any of these companies who push them... I work at a site that makes GE electric ranges, and you don't buy an extra warranty when you get the range. If it doesn't work, we fix it or replace it, and we have to fix or replace very few!)

Any help out there? Is it just that i need to get a replacement This is beginning to bug me, since it is an otherwise excellent unit, and very satisfactory, especially given the price! But, the price is tainted if the unit isn't as advertised, and no one advertised the popping sound! Cheers

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)