Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Just bought my first HDTV; need comments and advice

raiza
New User

May 27, 2007, 8:23 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1224 views)
Shortcut
Just bought my first HDTV; need comments and advice Can't Post

Hi everyone! Today, I just ordered my first ever HDTV! It's a TOSHIBA 65HM167 65" 16:9 DLP Technology 1080p Projection TV. I got a pretty good deal on it, so I bought it quick. Was this a good buy? Was there anything wrong with me opting to go for DLP as opposed to LCD or Plasma? Anyways, can anyone comment on this TV, and if anyone has any advice on how to take care of DLPs, I'd really appreciate hearing them!

edit: I posted this also in the HDTV section, but no one even viewed it, much less answered it, so I'm posting it here as well.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

May 29, 2007, 9:30 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1217 views)
Shortcut
Re: [raiza] Just bought my first HDTV; need comments and advice [In reply to] Can't Post

As with all these set you ask 50 people and you will get 50 anwsers, If you like your set then you bought the right one, But as a service tech for all major manufactures and for the extended Warrantys as well , we always recamend getting the extended contract for these, Because when the lamp goes out, and it will, the cost of having someone clean, service and replace the lamp is MORE than the contract will cost ya
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)