Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
panasonic PT51G44C mirror

tboots125
New User

Sep 10, 2004, 1:05 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1443 views)
Shortcut
panasonic PT51G44C mirror Can't Post

Hi to all. first timer. need help. getting conflicting stories about mirror. clean or not to clean. my picture quality seems to be getting duller and duller as time goes by, adjusting brightness etc. does not help. took out backing where mirror is and noticed that the mirror is either cloudy from 6 years of use and in a smoking enviroment or is there a special coating on this mirror. called panasonic and they said should be clear, read on different sites that there could be some kind of silver spray on it. would like to know is it ok to clean or not? thanks for any input to this mirror problem.

tboots125
New User

Sep 11, 2004, 12:00 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tboots125] panasonic PT51G44C mirror [In reply to] Can't Post

in case anyone has the same problem. found out there are two different types of mirrors. 1. glass mirror should be clear as a house mirror (this is the type i have) so i cleaned it what a difference, do not know how it became so cloudy, it looks as if something was sprayed on it. same color as the main screen. 2. the other mirror is about an inch thick and sort of soft with a tinfoil like substance covering it. do not clean.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)