Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
power button blinks 9 times after convergence chip set replaced no sound and no picture

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

daducesir
New User

May 24, 2012, 4:17 PM

Post #1 of 28 (7487 views)
Shortcut
power button blinks 9 times after convergence chip set replaced no sound and no picture Can't Post

Hi
I have a Philips 60pp9202/17 model Tv, I had a convergence problem and ordered a kit to replace, I replaced it with quality parts, after removing some china made chips that caused the tv to burn up resisters #3151 and 3152, ( I have a reading of 4.6 ohms on resisters in Line) when I take reading) now that I put the new stk 392-120's in and tested the resistance of the other resisters ,When I press the on button
1.I get a click sound, of a start
2.a quick flash center screen(sometimes nothing at all)
3.a power button light stays on for about 7 seconds and goes out
4.a second restart attempt (sometimes) stays on for aprox 12 seconds and cuts out
5.power button flashes 9 times and repeats this process of flashing
until I unplug the set, I cannot turn it off without unplugging it.
6. when I unplug the white connector on the side of CB that joins the SSM panel to the center CB the Tv does the same exact thing.
I do have a good working knowledge with the basic knowledge about components and how they operate or are suppose to operate, and can solder and cut parts out of circuits to do a process of elimination if need be to get down to the troubleshooting of components.
I can follow instructions clearly and respond in detail, I have the manual and can read basic diagrams and the schematics
Please if you can assist me it will be much appreciated
Thank you

Ron.M
Veteran

May 25, 2012, 8:09 PM

Post #2 of 28 (7472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daducesir] power button blinks 9 times after convergence chip set replaced no sound and no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

daducesir;.....

IF you can figure out what the manual says below for 9 pulses , GOOD LUCK !!!!

9 = Bocma IC TDA888xx 8V failure Significance changed to: HCS-GDE communication failure (SUP bit)
GDE did not communicate with Initialization complete

Otherwise , I'd look for solder shorts at the convergence ICs , check for B+ to the ICs & that the voltages are what they should be..
IF that doesnt help , try to contact where you got the kit from for help....
You may have gotten a bad IC(s) or something in the TV may have caused the new ones to go south...
IF you got the kit from ;=>...
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/60pp9202-17/
They have excellent ""Email/Phone/Live Chat Support"" ....
Worth a shot....

BTW;....
3151 & 3152 according to the manual are 6.8 ohms , 5% tolerance & 1 watt resistors...
Best checked with one leg lifted or completely out of circuit...

Good Luck....Sly...

Later...Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

daducesir
New User

May 27, 2012, 7:53 PM

Post #3 of 28 (7462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daducesir] power button blinks 9 times after convergence chip set replaced no sound and no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ron
and thanks for the Info
I have a manual labeled as such:
60PP9202-17F_dptv305f_310_315_330f_335_340_345_mag01_chassis_[ET].pdf
I actually got that far and this is where I may need a bit of what not to do as far ast voltage testing
I want to know can I do the testing with the Circuit board outside of the TV at all or.......
what is the most feasible way to hook up aligator clips and catch these values?
do I just have to hook them up and stand back as I turn on the Tv and monitor them?

>IF you can figure out what the manual says below for 9 pulses , GOOD LUCK !!!!
that part is easy enough to understand, in words Smile
>I can pick at it for a while and get the understanding it sooner or later, Just kinda take it one step at a >time. or one voltage at a time.
>Actually I have a OTC scanner that can test at a maximum of up to 4 seperate voltages
>within the same ground range that is :(
Could that be helpful tool for me here?

>9 = Bocma IC TDA888xx 8V failure Significance changed to: HCS-GDE communication failure (SUP >bit)
>GDE did not communicate with Initialization complete Yeah, that is what my manual says Too, I wish that was the fix Ha ha, :(

>Otherwise , I'd look for solder shorts at the convergence ICs
OK I will do this first.
>check for B+ to the ICs & that the voltages are what they should be..
Ok I will check this also, andy more info on best way to hook up and test will be appreciated.

>IF that doesnt help , try to contact where you got the kit from for help....
>You may have gotten a bad IC(s) or something in the TV may have caused the new ones to go >south...
>IF you got the kit from ;=>...
>http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/60pp9202-17/
>They have excellent ""Email/Phone/Live Chat Support"" ....
>Worth a shot....
I got them from another Co but they did come with a 1 tear warrantee i was assured that
these were quality Chips( however far that assuredness goes......Pirate We cannot be certain
but those chips from china, I know had some problems

>BTW;....
>3151 & 3152 according to the manual are 6.8 ohms , 5% tolerance & 1 watt resistors...
>Best checked with one leg lifted or completely out of circuit...
Yes they seem to test out to the correct values with one leg out

I will do some testing the best and only way I know how until I here something different from someone here.
Thank you for the help
Daducesir

daducesir
New User

May 27, 2012, 8:32 PM

Post #4 of 28 (7461 views)
Shortcut

Hi again
i wanted to add something here
I was attempting to look up this TDA888 chip an I cannot find a
component location or part #per the 60pp9202/17f
I did see them listed on about 7 other Tv set Models
Can you help me on this please.,I want to see the physical chip to know what I am chasing down Unsure
Daducesir

Ron.M
Veteran

May 27, 2012, 10:42 PM

Post #5 of 28 (7455 views)
Shortcut

daducesir;.....

As I said earlier;=>....

IF you can figure out what the manual says below for 9 pulses , GOOD LUCK !!!!

9 = Bocma IC TDA888xx 8V failure Significance changed to: HCS-GDE communication failure (SUP bit)
GDE did not communicate with Initialization complete

I have NO clue what the hell that means !!!!...

We both have the same manual....
1848 pages & 10.4 MBs...

Regarding the "TDA888xx" chip;=>....

I did see them listed on about 7 other Tv set Models

Give me a model number(s) & reference number & let me check into it....THANKS....Sly...

Are the convergence ICs GENUINE Sanyo ICs or generics ????
That IS VERY IMPORTANT !!!!...
Check with the seller you got them from & see what they say if they are GENUINE Sanyo ICs & NOT generics..
Also , PLEASE give me the link to the seller you got the kit from....THANKS....Sly....

Did you;=>...

Otherwise , I'd look for solder shorts at the convergence ICs

MUST have an answer to this ^^^...

When it comes time to check voltages , you will be doing them one at a time with the negative lead from your meter connected to chassis ground....
For now;....
With the chassis slid out comfortably , look for connector "1516"...
See page 114 in the manual...(Near top left side)....
It goes between the SSM & LSB panels...
CAREFULLY lift one end of the cable up to disconnect it completely from the board....
There are small release tabs at each end of each connector (At pins #1 & #12) that have to be released...
There might be one large tab in the center of the connector that has to be released...
Just release one side of 1516...
Turn the TV on & post results....
IF it's what I think it is , the TV will come on & stay on , but the pix will look terrible...

What is this;=>....
"""OTC scanner"""

(I won't be back online till sometime Monday...)...

Later...Ron.M....Cool...

daducesir
New User

May 28, 2012, 7:07 PM

Post #6 of 28 (7437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] power button blinks 9 times after convergence chip set replaced no sound and no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

>As I said earlier;=>....
>IF you can figure out what the manual says below for 9 pulses , GOOD LUCK !!!!

>9 = Bocma IC TDA888xx 8V failure Significance changed to: HCS-GDE communication failure (SUP >bit)
>GDE did not communicate with Initialization complete

>I have NO clue what the hell that means !!!!... Oh!!!!!!! I understand now, thank for the clarification Angelic

>We both have the same manual....
>1848 pages & 10.4 MBs... I Guess that is not a bad thing huh? Shocked
at least we are on the same Page!!

>Regarding the "TDA888xx" chip;=>....
>

>I did see them listed on about 7 other Tv set Models >

>Give me a model number(s) & reference number & let me check into it....THANKS....Sly... These are the pages and the refs that list them Model#51pp9363h17 pg 549 Model#51PW936317F pg 588 Model#55PP9352/17 pg 608 Model#55PP935201 pg 629 Model#55PP9363H17 pg 650 Model#55PP9502/84 pg 671 Model#55PP950201 pg 693 Model#55PP950217 pg 716 Model#55PW936317F pg 739 Model#55PW9383/17F pg 760 Model#55RW9515/35 pg 783 Here is were it completely skipped my Model# 60PP920217F
Model#60PP9352/17 pg 862 Model#60PP935201 pg 883 the list goes on for another 23 Model#s

>Are the convergence ICs GENUINE Sanyo ICs or generics ????
>That IS VERY IMPORTANT !!!!...
>Check with the seller you got them from & see what they say if they are GENUINE Sanyo ICs & NOT >generics..
>Also , PLEASE give me the link to the seller you got the kit from....THANKS....Sly.... They are not genuine Sanyo Chipsbut I have a warranty one year, I did ask them if this would be a good Chip for My TV and was Assured........Sure.... Crazy

>Did you;=>...

>Otherwise , I'd look for solder shorts at the convergence ICs

>MUST have an answer to this ^^^... I did look for shorts and nothing seems shorted under a magnifying Glass.

>When it comes time to check voltages , you will be doing them one at a time with the negative lead >from your meter connected to chassis ground.... Ok IThanks for that it is jhelpful and I can do this Ok
>For now;....
>With the chassis slid out comfortably , look for connector "1516"...
>See page 114 in the manual...(Near top left side)....
>It goes between the SSM & LSB panels...
>CAREFULLY lift one end of the cable up to disconnect it completely from the board....
>There are small release tabs at each end of each connector (At pins #1 & #12) that have to be >released...
>There might be one large tab in the center of the connector that has to be released...
>Just release one side of 1516...
>Turn the TV on & post results.... Ok I did disconect this 1516 and I get the same results as when it is connected. exactly the same without any changes.Unimpressed
>IF it's what I think it is , the TV will come on & stay on , but the pix will look terrible... I wish that was my result, but no not yet., I guess it is the thought that counts

>What is this;=>....
>"""OTC scanner""" Well in the case of testing from a like ground, I can read up yo 4 seperate output voltages simutaneously in wave form also.

>(I won't be back online till sometime Monday...)... being that I have this same result as with or woithout the convergence circuits inline can I discount the problem being that ssm panel Ie convergence Chips or Unsure ...not so fast buddy? Thanks for your help and advice. Daducesir

Ron.M
Veteran

May 28, 2012, 9:31 PM

Post #7 of 28 (7430 views)
Shortcut

daducesir;.....

THANK you for ALL that info !!!!...Smile.....

Regarding the "TDA888xx" chip;=>....
Since I could not find squat about that IC & your TV does not have it , let's fuggeddaboudit ....Wink....
Could not find a datasheet for that IC (TDA8887H/N1)...
There are a few "7301" parts listed in that manual that are different parts...
For your model "7301" is listed as FET transistor STW13NB60 on page 807 & not the TDA IC.....
BTW;...
I ran across a page that has the 7301 TDA8887 IC & it is a 44 pin "jungle" type IC...

They are not genuine Sanyo Chipsbut I have a warranty one year, I did ask them if this would be a good Chip for My TV and was Assured........Sure.... Crazy

This is the part that scares me....
Generic convergence ICs have caused all kinds of trouble....
NO matter what their warranty is , the fact remains that your "new" problem started immediately after you changed out the convergence ICs...
Something happened at that time...
Since you apparently don't have any shorts on the connections on the convergence ICs , let's go on an Easter Egg hunt...

being that I have this same result as with or woithout the convergence circuits inline can I discount the problem being that ssm panel Ie convergence Chips or Unsure ...not so fast buddy?

Answer;...""not so fast buddy?""
Could be either or one of the other panels....
Let's start with the "1516" connector...
Check the volts on pins 1~3 (-Volts) & 6~9 (+volts) ...
You'll want the end that goes to the LSB panel with the other end disconnected....
See page 114 for correct voltages....
Use chassis ground (tuner case/cover is excellent) for the negative lead on your meter...
Read one at a time & please post readings....
Keep in mind that the TV may not stay on long enough to get all the readings , so you may have to make repeated attempts to get them...
Use care so you don't short the pins on 1516 with the meter probe while taking a reading...

This is gonna be fun !!!!....Unsure....Wink....

daducesir
New User

May 28, 2012, 10:10 PM

Post #8 of 28 (7428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] power button blinks 9 times after convergence chip set replaced no sound and no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ron
So you do funi buisness even on Laborday
you are all right with me man... Blush
>There are a few "7301" parts listed in that manual that are different parts...
>For your model "7301" is listed as FET transistor STW13NB60 on page 807 & not the TDA IC.....
>BTW;...
>I ran across a page that has the 7301 TDA8887 IC & it is a 44 pin "jungle" type IC...
So not only the same page but the same manual as well, Cool

>They are not genuine Sanyo Chipsbut I have a warranty one year, I did ask them if this would be a >good Chip for My TV and was Assured........Sure.... Crazy

>This is the part that scares me....
Scares You!!! Mad I am Flabergasted about this, even after replacing the china chips, I thought I was up One, But.................................................Oh....Well
>Generic convergence ICs have caused all kinds of trouble....
>NO matter what their warranty is , the fact remains that your "new" problem started immediately after >you changed out the convergence ICs...

>Something happened at that time...
>Since you apparently don't have any shorts on the connections on the convergence ICs , let's go on an >Easter Egg hunt...
Cool, A colored easter egg hunt this time... Hopefully

>being that I have this same result as with or woithout the convergence circuits inline can I >discount the problem being that ssm panel Ie convergence Chips or Unsure ...not so fast buddy?

>Answer;...""not so fast buddy?""
What made me think that you were gonna say that???, ok my heart is back from my stomach now
>Could be either or one of the other panels....
Ok , I am ready for that challenge, and a good place to go and secure while I order some sanyo chips from your resources, i do not want to take a chance Again on the conterfiet. sometimes I get what I pay for Unimpressed

>Let's start with the "1516" connector...
OK

>Check the volts on pins 1~3 (-Volts) & 6~9 (+volts) ...
>You'll want the end that goes to the LSB panel with the other end disconnected....
>See page 114 for correct voltages....
>Use chassis ground (tuner case/cover is excellent) for the negative lead on your meter...
>Read one at a time & please post readings....
>Keep in mind that the TV may not stay on long enough to get all the readings , so you may have to >make repeated attempts to get them...
>Use care so you don't short the pins on 1516 with the meter probe while taking a reading...

>This is gonna be fun !!!!....Unsure....Wink....
You Know ...Crazy I think Sly Yes, I can handle that part, "on it" in the morning, after the Kids are up and running around.
Thank you for the leading in my mission
Take it easy
Daducesir... wannabe Veteran and waayyy
Retired TV technician or somethin one day Angelic

daducesir
New User

May 29, 2012, 9:00 PM

Post #9 of 28 (7406 views)
Shortcut

>Check the volts on pins 1~3 (-Volts) & 6~9 (+volts) ...
>You'll want the end that goes to the LSB panel with the other end
disconnected....

Check................
>See page 114 for correct voltages....
>Use chassis ground (tuner case/cover is excellent) for the negative lead on your meter...

Check................
>Read one at a time & please post readings....
First Check was as follows:
pin #1= -approx. -35 vdc held until tv went into protection mode.
pin #3= -23 vdc
pin #6= +22 vdc

>Keep in mind that the TV may not stay on long enough to get all the readings , so you may have to >make repeated attempts to get them...
When repeating this there was not a consistentency
pin #1= approx. -35 vdcand draining down imeadiately like a cap discharging
pin #3= 0 vdc
pin #6= 0 vdc

>Use care so you don't short the pins on 1516 with the meter probe while taking a reading...
Check............
I did take care not to short anything, I will re-check voltages tomorow after tv has had a chance to cool down unplugged and see what gives, and if I get the same scenario Unsure something is Wrong, just wr,,,o...n;;;;g, and I know it aint me Shocked
Thanks for listening

Ron.M
Veteran

May 29, 2012, 9:28 PM

Post #10 of 28 (7405 views)
Shortcut

daducesir;.....

Need voltage on pin #8 ????...(My bad !!!)...

When repeating this there was not a consistentency
pin #1= approx. -35 vdcand draining down imeadiately like a cap discharging

pin #3= 0 vdc

pin #6= 0 vdc

OOoohhh...The color of it all.....Unsure....
Draining down maybe due to the set turning itself OFF !!!!...

Later...Ron.M....Cool...

daducesir
New User

May 29, 2012, 11:27 PM

Post #11 of 28 (7403 views)
Shortcut

>OOoohhh...The color of it all.....Unsure....
Color yeah, Laugh Trying to keep it a bit out of the norm of mo-not-onous

>Draining down maybe due to the set turning itself OFF !!!!
Ok on pin #1.......But.....what about the Vanishing Voltages on pin# 3 and 6?????
I quess I will see tomorow where I am on this Blush
as for Pin # Eight
I will cover that in the morning too along with the voltage Re-ject I mean re-check of 1, 3, 1 and 6............a----n----d...............8 of course Cool
Thanks for the feedback, Ron
Daducesir

daducesir
New User

May 31, 2012, 12:17 AM

Post #12 of 28 (7389 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ron
I am ............ DeeUnsure Unsure Unsure Unsure Unsure Unsure Unsure essed
This is the results of 5 consecutive tests 3 mins to 1 hour apart, took about 10 tests total
Test 1 Test 2 Test 3 Test 4 Test 5

pin #1= -38.0 vdc -37.6 vdc -37.8 vdc -21.3 vdc 74.8 vdc

pin #3= -22.8 vdc -23.8 vdc -22.8 vdc -15.0 vdc 45.7. vdc

pin #6= +24.0 vdc
+24.9 vdc +22.4 vdc +20.9 vdc 56.7. vdc

pin #8= +40.2 vdc +40.6 vdc +40.2 vdc +29.9 vdc 60.8 vdc

**********I also had at least 4 other sky hih readings into the
69 -74 vdc range( thought ot was a fluke) but these high readings came back as true reads
So there you go ron, where do we go, I will be ordering the chips anyway by tommorow
but I think there is still some problem that needs to be secured Shocked

Thanks Sly
daducesir

Ron.M
Veteran

May 31, 2012, 2:15 AM

Post #13 of 28 (7387 views)
Shortcut

daducesir;.....

Please notice that my posts are in black & white....Wink....

Can you tell me how tests #4 & #5 are performed ???

Test #4;....
pin #1=-21.3 vdc
pin #3=
-15.0 vdc
pin #6=
+20.9 vdc
pin #8=
+29.9 vdc

Test #5;....
pin #1=74.8 vdc
pin #3=45.7. vdc
pin #6=56.7. vdc
pin #8=60.
8 vdc

The above are in color because I copied & pasted from your post.....

What strikes me as WIERD is that in test #4 ALL the volts drop dramatically & in test #5 ALL the volts rise dramatically !!!!...
YES , we DO have to figure this one out !!!!

daducesir
New User

May 31, 2012, 11:58 AM

Post #14 of 28 (7382 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ron
>Please notice that my posts are in black & white....Wink....
yes I notice..the black text at least. would you like to keep it that way?, I can be of assistance if
that is the case. I wish Life was without any gray areas or color blind, but not....Frown

>Can you tell me how tests #4 & #5 are performed ???
Sure...they were performed very shortly after a previous test. I did not let the set cool down for more than a minute or two, before re-testing as if with a bit of a burn in something was not coming off of it's High a hangover voltage I did not do anything different that I know of....
last night after the post I did this again after a long cool down

Test #1

pin #1=
-37.3 vdc
pin #3=
-22.0 vdc
pin #6=
+24.2 vdc
pin #8=
+40.3 vdc

this morning I did these others
Test #2;....
pin #1=37.8 vdc
pin #3=22.7. vdc
pin #6=24.8. vdc
pin #8=40.2
vdc

Test #3;....
pin #1=-37.8 vdc
pin #3=
-22.8 vdc
pin #6=
+24.4 vdc
pin #8=
+40.2 vdc
Test #4;....
pin #1= -37.8 vdc same as above????????
pin #3= -22.8 vdc same as above????????
pin #6=+24.4 vdc same as above????????
pin #8=+40.2 vdc same as above????????

one min later
Test #5;....
pin #1=19.2 vdc
pin #3=12.1 vdc
pin #6=12.1 vdc
pin #8=19.5
vdc

Test #6;....
pin #1=34.6 vdc
pin #3=21.3 vdc
pin #6=22.2 vdc
pin #8=37.5 vdc

Ron:
>The above are (Were) in color because I copied & pasted from your post.....
that is alright Ron, I forgive you Angelic

Ron:
>What strikes me as WIERD is that in test #4 ALL the volts drop dramatically & in test #5 ALL the volts >rise dramatically !!!!...
I see that also,

Ron:
>YES , we DO have to figure this one out !!!!
I did not get any extremely high voltages this time.?????????? that is also strange some what..Shocked
I would love to get to the bottom of it, even if it takes all of the color out of my posts....
I will wait to here your reply or suggestions Cool
Thanks for support
Daducesir.

Ron.M
Veteran

May 31, 2012, 5:05 PM

Post #15 of 28 (7376 views)
Shortcut

daducesir;.....

Having fun yet ?????

>Please notice that my posts are in black & white....Wink....
yes I notice..the black text at least. would you like to keep it that way?, I can be of assistance if that is the case. I wish Life was without any gray areas or color blind, but not....Frown

YES , please !!!
Makes it a lot easier to read....THANKS....Smile....

On with the Easter Egg Hunt....
We need to see what the 130 vdc for the HV is doing...
You can measure that in several locations....
I do not know how adept you are with electronics/TV repair , but if you need further help , just post....
On page 114 , on the LSB panel you will see "HV Module"....
Go to page 116 , far right side (20 dead center between "I" & "J")
is "130 VHV"....
You can read that voltage at (diodes) 6314 or 6315...
Or (cap) 2314 (@ 470 mfd 200 vdc should be easy to find)...
Another easier location would be at the "HV Module"....
On page 118 top center (11-13) is the "HV Module"...
Read from pin 10 ONLY to chassis ground....
Turn the TV on & see if that voltage stays on or goes high/low/off....

daducesir
New User

Jun 3, 2012, 12:55 AM

Post #16 of 28 (7357 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ron
I wanted to do this correctly so it took me some time to get it together and I had the hardest time finding the two diodes 6314, and 6315 I thought they would physically appear as a tubuler diaode but instead it resembled a transister and I was not able to pull up my manual so I had to use my Magnifying glass instead, I do have my manual back now but too late Laugh and that's OK
YES , please !!!
Makes it a lot easier to read....THANKS....Smile....
no problem tech!!!!!

>On with the Easter Egg Hunt....
yeah you are right
>We need to see what the 130 vdc for the HV is doing...
Ok I will check it out

>You can measure that in several locations....
>I do not know how adept you are with electronics/TV repair, but if you >need further help, just post.... I will be on this Blush I soldered a wire to each one of these connections took out the panel and the lamps assembly and the front control panel switch all re=connected {all except the speaker and audio video side input wires} Places the entire guts on a table and have the Tv out of the box Blush reconnected
>You can read that voltage at (diodes) 6314
when tv is turned on from cold start in themorning after being unplugged over night.
(diodes) 6314 voltage is +8 vdc
>or 6315...
(diodes) 6315 voltage is +58.3 vdc

>Or (cap) 2314 (@ 470 mfd 200 vdc should be easy to find)...
(cap) 2314 pos side voltage is +50 vdc
(cap) 2314 neg side voltage is +8 vdc

> Read from pin 10 ONLY to chassis ground....
>Turn the TV on & see if that voltage stays on or goes high/low/off...
pin 10 starts climbing from approx 25 vdc and goes up to approx 49 vdc and drops down as the tv clicks out and starts the blinking.
less than one minute re-test and there are no voltages present at either of these points????????Crazy
anyway ready for the next easter egg if there are any still in hiding UnsureUnsureUnsureUnsureUnsureUnsureUnsure
Thanks Ron and take care
Daducesir Sly

Ron.M
Veteran

Jun 3, 2012, 2:49 AM

Post #17 of 28 (7352 views)
Shortcut

daducesir;.....

Houston , we have a problem !!!!
Not sure if it's your making or the TVs...

These readings can't be right ....

(cap) 2314 (@ 470 mfd 200 vdc should be easy to find)...
(cap) 2314 pos side voltage is +50 vdc
(cap) 2314 neg side voltage is +8 vdc

Are you using the tuner cover/coax fitting for chassis ground ???
If so , the voltage reading at neg side (cap) 2314 should be 0.0(ZERO) volts...

These readings point to a problem also;=>...

(diodes) 6314 voltage is +8 vdc
(diodes) 6315 voltage is +58.3 vdc

The readings on BOTH diodes should be exactly the same as the diodes are in parallel with each other...
Also , they are the source diodes for the HV supply voltage...

Having the guts on a "table" may complicate things including accurate readings...
I strongly suggest you reconnect everything back as it was before you removed the "guts" out...
THEN see page 14 in the manual for instructions on how to put the chassis in "service" position...
WHEN you do that you will see that the HV Module should be easy to get at for readings &/or desoldering pin #10...(Page 17)...

WHEN (Notice I did NOT say "IF") WHEN , you have everything restored the way it was , using desoldering braid or a solder remover , unsolder & ISOLATE pin #10 on the HV Module (5904)...
Turn the TV on & check the volts at the + side of cap 2314 (470 mfd @ 200 vdc)...
Use the tuner cover/coax connector OR the "-" side of cap 2314 for the minus lead on your meter...
You should get around +130 vdc...
See if it comes up & stays up.....
Please post results...

Have a GREAT evening....Sly....

Later...Ron.M....Cool...

daducesir
New User

Jun 5, 2012, 10:15 PM

Post #18 of 28 (7329 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ron
Yes this is Houston ,sur-named you may know me as Daducesir

>Are you using the tuner cover/coax fitting for chassis ground ???
>If so , the voltage reading at neg side (cap) 2314 should be 0.0(ZERO) volts...
If I am not mistaken this should be the voltage before isolating pin#10 correct? and if so I will have to retake a reading after I get the go ahead from you from this posting, as I have already made some desoldering adjustments Shocked

>These readings point to a problem also;=>...

>(diodes) 6314 voltage is +8 vdc
>(diodes) 6315 voltage is +58.3 vdc I understand, again I will have to do some more readings if the power supply still checks out for me. but I am aware that we are looking at the source supply to check it for operation. I did a good look at the schematic diagram to see how it all unfolds better and do see it better now

>The readings on BOTH diodes should be exactly the same as the diodes are in parallel with each other...
>Also , they are the source diodes for the HV supply voltage...
>Having the guts on a "table" may complicate things including accurate readings...
>I strongly suggest you reconnect everything back as it was before you removed the "guts" out...
>THEN see page 14 in the manual for instructions on how to put the chassis in "service" position...
>WHEN you do that you will see that the HV Module should be easy to get at for readings &/or desoldering pin #10...(Page >17)...

>WHEN (Notice I did NOT say "IF") WHEN , you have everything restored the way it was , using desoldering braid or a solder >remover , unsolder & ISOLATE pin #10 on the HV Module (5904)...
I did that OK!!
>Turn the TV on & check the volts at the + side of cap 2314 (470 mfd @ 200 vdc)...
>Use the tuner cover/coax connector OR the "-" side of cap 2314 for the minus lead on your meter...
>You should get around +130 vdc...
>See if it comes up & stays up.....
>Please post results...
135 VDC Stays Just until the Tv turns off after about 15 seconds

Thanks ready for the next
DaducesirCool

Ron.M
Veteran

Jun 5, 2012, 10:45 PM

Post #19 of 28 (7326 views)
Shortcut

daducesir;....

The voltage reading you gave for (cap) 2314 in post #16 can't be right...
Retake them as I asked in post #17....
Diode voltage readings for 6314 & 6315 , also appear to be wrong...

>Are you using the tuner cover/coax fitting for chassis ground ???
>If so , the voltage reading at neg side (cap) 2314 should be 0.0(ZERO) volts...
If I am not mistaken this should be the voltage before isolating pin#10 correct? and if so I will have to retake a reading after I get the go ahead from you from this posting, as I have already made some desoldering adjustments Shocked

The voltage will be 0.0 vdc no matter what is connected or not...
The negative side of (cap) 2314 IS chassis ground...

135 VDC Stays Just until the Tv turns off after about 15 seconds

OK , now , reconnect pin #10 , redo the SAME test & see how long the 130 vdc stays on....

Please use "B" for bold type when you reply to my posts answers so I can find your answers easier...THANKS...

Later...Ron.M...Cool...

daducesir
New User

Jun 6, 2012, 7:54 PM

Post #20 of 28 (7315 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ron
I was able to solde the pin#10 back and after that took a vpoltage reading and now I get no voltage on pin#10
or the cap, I Isolated it again and still no more voltage reading on either, I did hear a pop once
sounded like a cap , but nothing visual is out of whack, all th ecap heads seem to be in tact.
also there is a consisten low level chirping sound secons apart and lasting about 6 before shut down
so what do you think?

Thanks
Daducesir

Ron.M
Veteran

Jun 6, 2012, 8:38 PM

Post #21 of 28 (7314 views)
Shortcut

daducesir;....

Wellll , shoot !!!!!

so what do you think?

Went from bad to worse !!!!...Dammm....
Should NOT have happened !!!...
Let me do some research & I'll get back to you...
In the meantime , leave pin 10 isolated....
Take an ohms reading from pin 10 to chassis ground & from the "+" side of (cap) 2314 to chassis ground....
Please post results....THANKS....Sly...

Sorry bout dat...Unsure...

ronjechalke
New User

Jun 7, 2012, 9:20 AM

Post #22 of 28 (7299 views)
Shortcut

It's better to show yours Tv to any of the electronics expert before it getting off no use.
[url="http://ghaziabad.magicaladz.com"] Ghaziabad free classified ads
[url="http://ghaziabad.magicaladz.com"] free Ghaziabad classifieds

daducesir
New User

Jun 7, 2012, 1:13 PM

Post #23 of 28 (7296 views)
Shortcut

>Take an ohms reading from pin 10 to chassis ground and post results........
I get about 22-24 ohms to chasis ground on pin#10 and
& from the "+" side of (cap) 2314 to chassis ground.... and post results
The cap is building up voltage to about 53.5 as of about a hour of being connected and monitored
Btw I like those icons you put in the beginning :

daducesir;....

..... Me exactly ThanksSly

Daducesir

daducesir
New User

Jun 7, 2012, 1:17 PM

Post #24 of 28 (7296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ronjechalke] power button blinks 9 times after convergence chip set replaced no sound and no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

>It's better to show yours Tv to any of the electronics expert before it getting off no use
Thanks for the advice,, but when they plug it in they will get the same results and possible the same problems from the initially related problem, and have to do and redo the same testing and research, except when they screw something else up they will blame it on a previous problem and charge the customer, possible just sell you a new Tv$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Wink

Ron.M
Veteran

Jun 8, 2012, 6:13 PM

Post #25 of 28 (7287 views)
Shortcut

daducesir;....

I get about 22-24 ohms to chasis ground on pin#10 and
& from the "+" side of (cap) 2314 to chassis ground....

You did that with pin 10 desoldered & isolated from the foil ????....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)