Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
[Philips 32PW6006BSS] white lines on screen

RichardMEL
New User

Aug 10, 2004, 3:12 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1720 views)
Shortcut
[Philips 32PW6006BSS] white lines on screen Can't Post

I see a lot of posts here about white lines on screens, but I think mine's a little different. I've had my set for under 1 year, a Philips 32PW6006BBS 76cm w/s TV. Just in the past 2 weeks I've noticed thin white horizontal lines across the screen, but they're not straight across, they rise from left to right across the screen. You can only really see them in dark scenes, or like when there's a screen fade to black or something - additionally, the "black" appears more grey/green - almost as if the brightness is too bright. I've tried moving the brightness and/or contrast down but it doesn't help much, and I can't find any obvious setup options or anything to fix it.

I know it's not the signal from my VCR or Cable TV setup since I still see the lines if I have the TV disconnected from everything else and just tuned to AV or EXT1/EXT2 channels (which diisplay black with no signal). Additionally I turned off nearby powered devices like the subwoofer for the home theatre system in case that maybe causing interference, and once it did return to blackness, but the next time I tried it the problem persisted.

Could it be a problem with the CRT?

mel
Veteran

Aug 10, 2004, 10:30 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RichardMEL] [Philips 32PW6006BSS] white lines on screen [In reply to] Can't Post

The screen voltage is turned up to high and it is a simple fix. On the back corner of the PC board, there is a black transformer with a red wire comming out of the top of it and two knurled knobs either on the side or back of it. The bottom of these knobs is the screen voltage adjust. You need to turn down (counterclockwise) the screen voltage until the lines disappear.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)