***FREE***$10K Pioneer PRO-1410HD ELITE

trav2210
New User

Dec 9, 2011, 7:38 AM

Post #1 of 2 (946 views)
Shortcut
***FREE***$10K Pioneer PRO-1410HD ELITE Can't Post

Hey guys,

I just picked up a Pioneer PRO-1410HD Elite set today. Its a Plasma screen 61" monitor, and when I looked up some info, I found that this thing retails for $9K+. Anyways, Its got some funky stuff going on. I've got the service manuals for it, so I'm going to give it a try. I'm an electronics technician for the navy, so I Figure i should know how to fix this (or else I shouldn't have a job) so here goes.

The screen has a horizontal lined seperating it into two halfs. then on either two halfs, there is major distortion in the form of ranbow colors. On the top half, there is a section about 2.5 inches wide that still displays some of the picture to include the tv menu as well as component input video. There is a "digital" board, which I'm thinking is the culprit, because from what I can tell it contains the Logic board.

I work on airplanes for the navy, so this is a little new to me, but I know that there are a few buffer/sustain boards that may also be causing this. What do you all think
This is it on its side. the bottom of the display is on the left of the image

trav2210
New User

Dec 9, 2011, 5:17 PM

Post #2 of 2 (940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [trav2210] ***FREE***$10K Pioneer PRO-1410HD ELITE [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyone have any suggestions, or maybe have some experience with pioneer's. Ive been told by a couple shops that Pioneers are great sets, and that the Panel doesn't usually fail. Just searching through the Service manual and using my DMM I'm looking towards replacing the Digital (logic) board

what do you all think?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)