*FIXED* Speaker Connection inside TV VCR combo

silversport
New User

May 20, 2007, 5:34 PM

Post #1 of 11 (833 views)
Shortcut
*FIXED* Speaker Connection inside TV VCR combo Can't Post

Hello,
Newb here...trying to reconnect speaker connection inside a Panasonic PV M2024 TV VCR combo...Tv picture works fine and complaint was no sound...opened her up and I see the speaker connection is unplugged...red and white wire and white plastic plug still intact...number "2" on it...trouble is, I cannot find where in the back of this it connects??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...
Bill

(This post was edited by silversport on May 27, 2007, 1:30 PM)

rrobor
Veteran

May 21, 2007, 6:33 AM

Post #2 of 11 (819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silversport] Speaker Connection inside TV VCR combo [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you know that if you can find 2 sites, so can I, My answer is the same on both. But as you had 2 of us answer with the same solution within a few minuits, you must know that each was without help from the other. That you dont give full information here I find not good. Someone fiddled the thing. Now you dont know where the lead goes is correct issue, not Ive found. So please if you require an honest answer , ask an honest question.

silversport
New User

May 21, 2007, 11:41 AM

Post #3 of 11 (817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Speaker Connection inside TV VCR combo [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your help...I asked here first...no one answered for 13 hours here until you did...what am I leaving out???...somehow in jostling the TV this speaker connection was disconnected...thanks for pointing out that I asked the same question on two different forums...is it possible I asked because I was hoping to get it reconnected yesterday? Thanks for taking the time, I think.
My question was and still is...does anyone know where this speaker wire connects to...but again, thanks for taking the time... I thanked you over there but I asked the question here first...when I got no response, I asked elsewhere...check the time stamps...but I appreciate you saying I'm dishonest...very nice.
Bill

(This post was edited by silversport on May 21, 2007, 11:56 AM)

shadetree
Veteran

May 21, 2007, 3:54 PM

Post #4 of 11 (810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silversport] Speaker Connection inside TV VCR combo [In reply to] Can't Post

spk plugs into a small white plug on the front of the board

silversport
New User

May 21, 2007, 8:35 PM

Post #5 of 11 (803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Speaker Connection inside TV VCR combo [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks...that was what I was looking for but perhaps looking in the wrong place...the board for the VCR, yes???...thanks again,
Bill

(This post was edited by silversport on May 21, 2007, 10:01 PM)

silversport
New User

May 21, 2007, 10:38 PM

Post #6 of 11 (797 views)
Shortcut

Shadetree,
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!...at the risk of exposing myself as an idiot...Tongue...I thank you.
I looked all over this but was keeping MOST of my search to the TV portion...today in better light, I look at the VCR area and sure enough...up front is a white colored recepticle with a groove on one side...my female end has a raised portion on one edge...clik and it all looks good...I didn't get any sound yet but I need to bring this inside and hook it up to an antenna or cable to be sure but I bet this was it.
Thanks SO much for being helpful...you others as well...
Thanks again,
Bill

shadetree
Veteran

May 21, 2007, 11:03 PM

Post #7 of 11 (796 views)
Shortcut

the main board under the picture tube will be only a short distance from spk if plug is missing ck to see if it pulled out of board and is attached to the spk plug

silversport
New User

May 22, 2007, 11:40 AM

Post #8 of 11 (790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Speaker Connection inside TV VCR combo [In reply to] Can't Post

the two portions disconnected...the white plug was pulled out of the white recepticle...thanks for the help.
Bill

rrobor
Veteran

May 22, 2007, 11:47 PM

Post #9 of 11 (784 views)
Shortcut

Please note I didnt say you were dishonest, what I said was you did not give a full account of your fault as you saw this as an error on your part and avoided admitting to it. To this end we had to try to work out how a plug like this could come loose. In my entire career I have not had that happen. As such, only after it wos posted as a misplaced lead did you get your answer. That was my point. so please dont get all upset. Im a no nonsense person and need others to be likewise. Also note you did get an absolute position on this site only after all was revealed.

silversport
New User

May 22, 2007, 11:56 PM

Post #10 of 11 (783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Speaker Connection inside TV VCR combo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey,
I apologize if I over reacted...I posted what I knew as I wasn't the one who opened it up before...I found this out when I called the GF and asked about it...I thank you for taking the time and actually prefer no nonsense answers and people...
Thanks for the help!
Bill

silversport
New User

May 27, 2007, 1:33 PM

Post #11 of 11 (765 views)
Shortcut

...thanks all...that was the ticket...Television looks and SOUNDS great now...thanks for the help and putting up with my lack of knowledge in this area...THANKS!
Bill

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)