Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
1/2 black screen on Samsung LN52A580 LCD

vince
New User

Jan 26, 2016, 1:54 PM

Post #1 of 1 (986 views)
Shortcut
1/2 black screen on Samsung LN52A580 LCD Can't Post

About a month ago, my Samsung LN52A580P6F TV started having the right half of the screen appear with rainbow colored vertical lines; while the other side was ok with sound and picture. Two days after the 1st rainbow vertical lines on the right hand of the screen appeared, the area went totally black. Sound was ok.

I have done the following and the picture is still black:
· Used different HDMI ports problem still persists
· Done the “flashlight” test on the right hand side of the screen and it is still solid black (no ghost image)
· Opened up the back of the TV and the back lights are functioning on left and right hand side
· Checked the power board for leaking / swollen capacitors and there are none
· Finally replaced the T Con board

I am puzzled as to what could be the problem if not the T Con board. Can it be the following:

· Do I need new right hand (upper & lower) back light inverter boards? This Samsung TV has upper and lower inverter boards on right hand and left hand on each side of the TV
· Did I need to update firmware in order to get the T Con board to work? There was an updated firmware in Feb 2010 (I bought the TV in November 2009)

I plan to use an electrical cleaner spray on the ribbons connecting the screen to the T Con board and see if that helps. Other than that I am uncertain. I don’t feel like buying a new back light inverter board if that is not the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)