Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
10 blinks fixed now 7 blinks

gmwow
New User

Apr 23, 2013, 10:00 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4043 views)
Shortcut
10 blinks fixed now 7 blinks Can't Post

A week ago my Panasonic TC-P42C2 Plasma TV gave me the 10 blink error code. After doing research and going through the basic testing procedures to determine which board was causing the issue I had determined it was the SS board. I ordered a replacement and yesterday installed it. Now I have a 7 blink error code. I've checked all connections and everything is hooked up fine. The general culprit according the the tech manual I found says that it is likely my SN board but I was poking around a bit with my multimeter and noticed that the VSUS voltage that was supposed to be at +15 was at +20ish. The question is could an over voltage on the VSUS cause a 7 blink? The tech manual I was looking at just mentions VSUS under voltage causing 7. If it's over voltage on the VSUS does that mean my P board is dead but my SN board is fine? Or are they both toast? What testing points do I need to check to find the root problem?

I'd appreciate any help on this.

board repairs
User

Apr 24, 2013, 6:54 PM

Post #2 of 4 (4017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gmwow] 10 blinks fixed now 7 blinks [In reply to] Can't Post

10 blinks could have indicated a bad : A or P or SC or SS board failure . 7 blinks indicates SM failure . Most of the time i see this set come in with 10 blinks its usually the A board . Main thing would be how u determined the SS board was bad & made the sure the A board was OK . Are all of your voltages high or just the 15v line ? Odds r the P board is ok .

gmwow
New User

Apr 30, 2013, 9:21 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [board repairs] 10 blinks fixed now 7 blinks [In reply to] Can't Post

I diagnosed the ten blink using the steps provided in this pdf:
http://tsn.pstc.panasonic.com/PASS/olt/files/Plasma/Gen13/2010_FHD_Plasma_TV.pdf
Besides, if there wasn't something wrong with the SS then the blink code wouldn't have changed would it?
Just the VSUS voltage seems high that I can tell though now that that I read through some other stuff that may be normal. Is the VSUS supposed to be high?

board repairs
User

May 1, 2013, 2:37 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gmwow] 10 blinks fixed now 7 blinks [In reply to] Can't Post

I think your next step should be the resistance test of the 7 blink code . If it comes back normal try the no power test to determine if the A or P board is a problem . Your 10 blink code did not start this after a storm did it ? The VSUS could be slightly high because the set is in shut down mode . Did u check the SC or SS boards for shorted transistors mounted on the heat sinks ? That is common most times when these boards are defective . Let me know what u find out .

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)